On your bike...

- Full:

- Half:

- Olympic:

- Sprint:
Quote Reply
Re: So what do you carry when you race? [brian_j_smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Full: BTA bottle, seat tube bottle with calories, either flat kit in bento and another calorie bottle BTS or flat kit in BTS cage

Half: BTA bottle, aero bottle seat tube with calories, flat kit in BTS cage

Olympic: BTA bottle, aero bottle on seat tube (more aero on Felt DA), flat kit BTS, a few gels in gel bottle on top tube

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same tool/spare kit for all,
2 C02 cartridges with threaded adapter
1 spare tube
patch kit
2 tire levers
dollar bill
2 spare chain links
bike multi tool

Hydration
1 24 ounce bottle, take bottles off course during race on half and full for sprint and olympic just the bottle I bring.
Last edited by: MacCTD: Jun 20, 17 10:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brian_j_smith wrote:
On your bike...

- Full: Repair kit, BTA bottle and gels container, behind saddle bottle

- Half: Repair kit, BTA bottle and gels container, behind saddle bottle

- Olympic: Repair kit, BTA bottle, couple gels, behind saddle bottle if hot

- Sprint: Repair kit, BTA bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All distances: mini tool with tire levers, CO2, inflator, spare tube, adhesive patches, spare valve core, spare valve extender, missing link. (All stored in this.)

Sprint: nothing else
Oly: aero bottle
Half: aero bottle + one bottle
Full: aero bottle + 2 bottles
Quote Reply
Re: So what do you carry when you race? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly the same, except I don't think I have a spare core.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half: BTA bottle with water; 2 rear seat bottles with double-density Infinit drink

Sprint: BTA with water; 2 empty rear seat bottles; rear seat tube kit with tube, C02, & tools
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic: repair kit + 1 or 2 bottles.

Sprint: nothing (if I have a flat, race is done)- maybe 1 bottle if it's humid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Full: I don't do full

- Half: 1 bottle on frame, 1 bottle behind me, 6 gels.

- Olympic: 1 bottle on frame, 3 gels

- Sprint: 1 bottle on frame 2 gels

Flat kit is always the same, 1 tube, 2 CO2, 1 inflater valve, 2 levers, 1 patch kit, 1 small allen wrench to release air from valve extender.

- Xterra: 70oz Camelbak, 2 gels, 1 tube, 4 CO2, 2 levers 1 Park Multitool, 1 small pump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Full and half - 2 bottles with whatever brand of energy drink I'm currently using (or can fill up with for free at the race)

Olympic and sprint - one bottle of water. Might occasionally do a weak mix of energy drink for an Olympic, particularly if it's an early start and I don't want to eat a full breakfast beforehand

All races - a small saddle bag with levers, co2, spare tube and a couple of patches

I get all my other nutrition in longer races from aid stations
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Full: N/A

- Half: 3 bottles, plus flat kit

- Olympic: one BTA bottle (maybe a partially full 2nd bottle depending on race conditions)

- Sprint: one BTA bottle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Full:
N/A

Half:
1 Aero bottle - water + 2 Nuun tablets
1 Downtube standard bottle with plain water
2 Cliff Bars in top tube storage
Saddle bag with 1 spare tube, 1 Co2 cartridge, trigger, 2 tire irons, my cell phone (turned off)

Oly:
1 Aero bottle - water + 1 Nuun tablet
Saddle Bag (same as above)

Sprint:
Same as Oly

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't raced for a while and I only did half's and fulls.

I carried a single spare tube (and a rescue patch kit) and a CO2 inflater, in an underseat bag, plus a multi-tool and a couple of levers.
For hydration I take water, 3 bottles for a half and pick up 3 for the second half of an IM. I take all my own supplies. Being MOP, I don't want to get re-used bottles from FOP guys, refilled out of a garbage can.
For nutrition, I take gels exclusively. I use Leppin Squeezy. Ok, they don't taste great but it's not a food lovers tour, it's a race. I choke down 2-3 per hour, washed down with water. I set my watch and just take a gel when it beeps. I use small bottles that hold 3 gels and a bit of water (so they squeeze easier) and I carry them in my jersey pocket. (remember, I'm MOP and wearing a cycle jersey instead of a race suit, ISN'T what kept me off the podium).
For IM I will carry a bar of some sort, in case my stomach wants something solid, but not all the time.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brian_j_smith wrote:
On your bike...

- Full: two BTA bottles, one with plain water to drink with gels, one with electrolyte to drink when thirsty; one bottle with 17 gels in it and some water on the down tube, one bottle behind the saddle with a flat kit, two power bars stuck on the top tube

- Half: same, only with less gels

- Olympic: two BTA bottles, one with the flat kit, the other one with one gel in water

- Sprint: don't do sprints

Remark: since I never found a transparent aerobottle of 750 ml, I use a round bottle on the down tube for my gels (transparent because I can see then how much to take every 15 minutes). That is not very aero though.
I'm going to change that in preparing an aero "Elite crono" bottle for the flat kit and fix that in the lower corner of the frame triangle. Disadvantage I have to live with: I will have to use the bottle behind the saddle for drinking purposes, which I fear a bit because I'm a bit clumsy in grabbing and putting that bottle back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brian_j_smith wrote:
On your bike...

- Full: water (refill) BTA, aerobottle with calories seat tube, calories + flat kit BTS

- Half: water (refill) BTA, aerobottle with calories seat tube, flat kit BTS

- Olympic:

- Sprint:

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: So what do you carry when you race? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torhans has a clear aero bottle. That's what I'm using. Or I think they are still selling the clear one. Check it out or see if someone is selling one in classifieds!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For all: Spare tubular between saddle rails, 2 x CO2 + inflator head + multi-tool in bento box

Full: N/A

Half: BTA and BTS bottles with sports drink, down-tube aero bottle with the equivalent of 4-5 gels inside.

Olympic & Sprint: Same set-up but varying quantities of sports drink, water and gels depending on conditions, probably without the BTS bottle for a Sprint.
Quote Reply
Re: So what do you carry when you race? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Torhans has a clear aero bottle. That's what I'm using. Or I think they are still selling the clear one. Check it out or see if someone is selling one in classifieds!

Thanks for the tip. I checked but I did not see the clear one. Torhans is also difficult to get in Germany,don't know why. I heared there are also issues with the holders of aerobottles generally.
I think I'll go for my solution of adapting an Elite bottle to the bottom corner of my frame. Should be aeroneutral in a p5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Full:
BTA bottle
Modified Tor Hans bottle on down tube. Contents: 2 tubes, 2 Co2, tire lever, multi-tool, inflator
Cal Pac Storage has 1 EFS Liquid Shot
1 EFS Liquid shot in pocket

- Half:
BTA bottle
Modified Tor Hans bottle on down tube. Contents: 2 tubes, 2 Co2, tire lever, multi-tool, inflator
Cal Pac Storage has 1 EFS Liquid Shot

- Olympic:
BTA bottle

- Sprint:
Quote Reply
Re: So what do you carry when you race? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh makes sense if it's difficult to get in Germany. I would bet someone would have a clear one in the classifieds. Have never had an issue with my bottle in the 3+ years I've been using it. But good luck with your modification

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked this a while back and got some good feedback if you're interested: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...D_P5763030/#p5763030
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brian_j_smith wrote:
On your bike...

- Olympic: Down tube water bottle and 1 Gel (at the start). Can of Vittoria quick seal.

- Sprint: Nothing (I find the pace too frenetic to drink)

I use actually two different bikes for each type of race. A TT for the sprint and a GT for anything longer.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Jun 21, 17 12:27
Quote Reply