Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Enve aero bar stem combo...any aero testing insight [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ventus II is a better bar, and accommodates the Magura brakes just fine. Same with TriRig Alpha X. Big $$$ for either, but probably some watts.

I went with the Aduro on my Pearson for the cable hiding and the trailing side shape. It was perfect for how I wanted to fill in the section behind the stem. Using the high-V mount, some air is allowed through the center of the bars, pushed over the beam, and between the the legs at the very narrow seatpost. It's a VERY clean arrangement compared to either of the other options I mentioned for this specific arrangement.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve aero bar stem combo...any aero testing insight [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't use maguras and I need narrow armrests and wanted pad and basebar separation. tririg will not give that(separation) at my stack and I don't think ventus 2 is going to give narrow width I want(arms touching starting at elbow) I also like the hidden cable aspect of aduro(and ability to run bare cable to from brake with it) so many confounding factors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventus is plenty narrow if you build your own arm cups. No problem at all :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, we used Zipp Evo extensions to raise the forearms. She doesn't raise them much, and her extensions are quite short, but it made a repeatable difference using the SES bar both in the tunnel, on the velodrome, and on the road.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Enve aero bar stem combo...any aero testing insight [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like chicanery's ventus suggestion, maybe, with my profile t1+ carbon extensions on them. well, if i could get all that to work. yeah, not uci legal, but what do I care currently? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Enve aero bar stem combo...any aero testing insight [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting routing of the di2 cables in the pic on insta..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim, so the Zipp Evo extensions tested faster than the Enve extensions? Even though the Enve cups and extensions can tilt? You said her extensions were quite short so I'm assuming you used the Zipp Evo with 70 mm rise? Did you test the higher rise to see if it improved things-- although my guess is the 110 rise extensions would be outside UCI limits. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve aero bar stem combo...any aero testing insight [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the stem for sale, as it doesn't work on my front end setup with proprietary bolts pattern. BNIB, it looks awesome. If anyone is looking for one, mine is available and I know they are not selling it separately yet. Once again, I'm keeping the bar system; just selling the stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim, does she use the hydraulic brakes? wondering how you guys ran the wires and cables to keep out of winds as much as possible? in particular the wires from extension Di2 shifter?
thanks
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Enve aero bar stem combo...any aero testing insight [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, she runs TriRig brakes.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply

Prev Next