Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How Many Americans Truly Hate the Other Political Party? About 78 Million
Quote | Reply
Yet another reason why I stay away from politics. There's just too much anger and hate. I don't hate anyone. I admit I liked a good discussion, but nothing that ever resulted in me hating anyone who held to a different standard of politics than I did. You go into the voting booth, after advocating for your politician or political issue, and then it's over and you live with the results, or work to change those results through the political process.

If we're going to start shooting each other over our politics, then we all need a serious time out.

"Applying that to the 34 percent of registered voters who describe themselves as independents, and there's another 25 million people who hate one side or another, for a grand total of 78 million -- or 39 percent of all registered voters."

How many Americans truly hate the other political party? About 1 in 4. - The Washington Post

You folks can discuss. I'm staying out of it. Mainly because I don't want to get shot. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: How Many Americans Truly Hate the Other Political Party? About 78 Million [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
;-) ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: How Many Americans Truly Hate the Other Political Party? About 78 Million [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^^ pretty much this ^^^^

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Americans Truly Hate the Other Political Party? About 78 Million [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Yet another reason why I stay away from politics.

Uhhh....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we need some more plane pictures now.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh... hate, dislike, disagree with, whatever. People can be fast and loose with the definition of all those words. We shouldn't get a sore hand patting ourselves on the back because we didn't use a particular word.

A more interesting question is which party governs your voting. In other words, do you vote for a party because you are enthusiastic about it or, do you vote for a party because you don't want the other party? I have very little enthusiasm for the Republicans, really. I mostly vote against the party that always wants to redistribute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least we don't see that kind of behavior in the LR.

It makes it really hard to govern and really hard to have consistent policies. If the other party is evil that means we have to oppose everything they are for and undo everything they have done. Because even if it looks like a good idea, there has to be something evil lurking gin the shadows.

The fun part is, the most hateful of the other party are probably also the most likely to vote in primaries.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's outrageous and childish. We're all in the same damn boat together. Why be hateful? It solves nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: How Many Americans Truly Hate the Other Political Party? About 78 Million [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Yet another reason why I stay away from politics.

Uhhh....

Hey, I don't write the headlines. I only report them. And I'm not touching this one with a 10-foot pole, sir. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: How Many Americans Truly Hate the Other Political Party? About 78 Million [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
I think we need some more plane pictures now.

Sure thing! ;-)

Took this the other day. Free-spinning turbine blades on this A340-300. Winds were a bit high, so the blades spin, and make a godawful racket while doing so.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much been pointing out this lamentable trend for my entire time in the LR. We have recently hit a nadir (or zenith, depending on your goals) on a long path.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Jun 20, 17 10:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of my closest friends are Republican and clearly I don't hate them. In fact, I voted for Bush twice and I have never felt much regret. That said, in my opinion the modern Republican party has gone to a place that will likely never attract my vote again. I can understand how people get the same feeling towards people such as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, but I never understood the fomenting anger towards President Obama. I mean pure rage from some of my friends, whom btw made piles of money under Obama. To me, it made absolutely no sense. It feels to me like the national republican party has turned into a cult of white nationalistic intolerance. I consistently look for proof of the contrary almost daily, but Donald Trump tweets everyday and he IS now the party. I vehemently hate what the party has become.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of my family is Republican and I used to be one myself. I wouldn't say I hate the Republican Party but I hate some of the extreme parts of it and some of the things it has been up to lately. I am rather amazed how polarized politics has been getting. Now it seems like Republicans and Democrats are two teams and their supporters are against everyone on the other side and anything the other side does. Both sides are guilty of putting their own interests ahead of the American people. One of the predictions I've been making for years is that during my lifetime that both the Democratic and Republican parties will be replaced. I think conservatives deserve a better party than the Republican Party and liberals deserve a better party than the Democratic Party. Both parties seem to be FUBAR at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Hey, I don't write the headlines. I only report them. And I'm not touching this one with a 10-foot pole, sir. ;-)

I've learned to roll with it. I have a cycling buddy who posts #trumptrain posts to his FB feed every day. He was literally in love with that young, blonde video-blogger girl who was popular for a while. Still my friend. Would walk over broken glass for the guy. I just adjust FB to filter his flung excrement off my screen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the hated arises because the system in the USA resists third or higher numbers parties. Introduce some legitimate alternate parties and you will spread the hate around.
As long as the hate is bipolar, so will the country be bipolar.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply