Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced?
Quote | Reply
So, I remember reading something that David Millar wrote about cortisone supposedly being the most powerful performance enhancer he used.

Is there any science to actually back up cortisone being a performance enhancer? I spoke to a pharmacist and they didn't seem to think it would be...
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
So, I remember reading something that David Millar wrote about cortisone supposedly being the most powerful performance enhancer he used.

Is there any science to actually back up cortisone being a performance enhancer? I spoke to a pharmacist and they didn't seem to think it would be...

Your performance should jack itself up when you enter and win the Tour de Suisse 2001. Just make sure you are sleeping in an a fake altitude tent to keep your HCT up and that motoman delivers the blood bags on time and that you get the TUE for the saddle sores backdated and you're all set. A call into Hein Verbruggen to make sure he;'s all good with the gig would just make sure the entire system is working on full throttle. Oh, don't forget to make sure that the US taxpayer is getting full value on the blue train sponsorship dollars.

Did I cover it all?
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rub more of it down there.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Georged, it's meant to thin the skin if used too much though...
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
fulla wrote:

Your performance should jack itself up when you enter and win the Tour de Suisse 2001. Just make sure you are sleeping in an a fake altitude tent to keep your HCT up and that motoman delivers the blood bags on time and that you get the TUE for the saddle sores backdated and you're all set. A call into Hein Verbruggen to make sure he;'s all good with the gig would just make sure the entire system is working on full throttle. Oh, don't forget to make sure that the US taxpayer is getting full value on the blue train sponsorship dollars.

Did I cover it all?

I'm already on the needles man. I'm diabetic . Been sick as well, I just wish the meth manufacturers here hadn't ruined the ability of us sick people to get pseudoephedrine (which is banned also isn't it?).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
fulla wrote:

Did I cover it all?

I'm already on the needles man. I'm diabetic . Been sick as well, I just wish the meth manufacturers here hadn't ruined the ability of us sick people to get pseudoephedrine (which is banned also isn't it?).

Silken Laumann had the pseudoephedrine part covered. If she was a black Canadian athlete born in Jamaica, she would have not gotten "off the hook" compared to be a blonde haired canuck of Euro descent LOL. We love our Canadian dopers till they get busted, but then we call them Jamaican. If they are a golden Euro descent girl, we can't throw her back to the old continent so easy, so we have to figure out a way to sweep it under the rug...can you imagine the Canadian public letting Ben off the hook using boxes as props at the podium mike (is this where Spicer gets his prop gig?):

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  I recently filed a TUE for inhaled and nasal corticosteroids. The USADA response was there was no need to even file.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
I recently filed a TUE for inhaled and nasal corticosteroids. The USADA response was there was no need to even file.

In the UK at least, as an amateur, you don't need to file until you get tested.
I checked this out as I am on long term steroids for a lung condition and race IM every year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:

I seem to remember someone countering when Armstrong claimed that using cortisone on saddle sores explained how he came up positive for it that he would have had to be bathing in the stuff to absorb enough through his skin to trigger a positive test.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
fulla wrote:

I seem to remember someone countering when Armstrong claimed that using cortisone on saddle sores explained how he came up positive for it that he would have had to be bathing in the stuff to absorb enough through his skin to trigger a positive test.

See post number 2 in this thread in case you did not figure that post out :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As another needle hitter, I took prednisolone for a few days for allergy rash/hives and had the best training workouts I had ever had. I was like zangief and could crush human skull
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Did I cover it all?

No, eat tainted meat.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alien wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Did I cover it all?

No, eat tainted meat.

Hey, that was Contador not Lance. Lance did all types of stuff, but for some reason, his Girona base in Spain was free of tainted cattle!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I had no idea John Elway was a cross-dresser.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: Got my cortisone cream for my skin infection, when can I expect my performance to be enhanced? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
As another needle hitter, I took prednisolone for a few days for allergy rash/hives and had the best training workouts I had ever had. I was like zangief and could crush human skull

Oh yeah baby. Prednisone is the good stuff.
Quote Reply