Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: anyone doing Philly this weekend? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Little late, but...

They cancelled the swim at 9 pm Saturday night. Reason was dangerous flow and debris. Earlier at the race brief they stated the swim would be shortened to 1000 meters with the 250 meter upstream swim eliminated. Apparently the storm upstream was worse than they thought.

Roads were not good. I saw lots of flats and there were dozens of ejected bottles in a box for claiming after the race. The crater coming off the bridge was responsible for a lot, I'm sure.

My only complaint was bottle hand up on the bike - there wasn't one, if you lost a bottle on the bridge on the first lap you were screwed.

I don't know if this is true, but I was told that J&J wanted to sponsor this year and was told to go away.

J&J decided to opt out....taking the money and spending on international priorities.

Quote Reply
Re: anyone doing Philly this weekend? [Calvinbal6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw him after the race – he was pretty scraped up but managed to finish the run. He said he locked up the brakes on his second lap, hit a haybale, and flipped over and landed on his back on a rock. It looked like his disc got pretty messed up, but it was on his second lap so he was able to finish riding it and get into transition ok. I think he came in 16th at his age group or thereabouts.

In past years they have made that part of the road a no passing zone, and I was surprised this year when they did not. I had asked the refs about it at the athlete briefing on Friday, and they said they were looking into it, but looks like decision was to leave it as is.

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply

Prev Next