Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations on PSI for Schwalbe Pro1 Tubeless?
Quote | Reply
Wondering if anyone is running these tires? Assuming yes, wondering what the ideal PSI is? Or is that based on rider weight?

I'm running them tubeless on Bontrager Aeolus 7 (front) and 9 (rear). Thanks in advance from a runner turned triathlete who isn't great with bike tech stuff yet.

Thanks again!
-Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on PSI for Schwalbe Pro1 Tubeless? [MJGuswiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Including your bodyweight, the measured tire width when inflated, and the type of bike would be helpful.

For instance, I weigh 187-190, my Schwalbe Pro Ones measured 26mm on my wheels and are on a road bike (which has a more rearward weight bias than most triathlon bikes). I do 80-83 psi in the rear and 10% less in the front. My 28's that I use on a CX bikes measure 31 and 30.5mm and I run them closer to 60 psi in the rear and 10% less up front. I'll go down even more if the ride includes non-paved surfaces.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on PSI for Schwalbe Pro1 Tubeless? [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
Including your bodyweight, the measured tire width when inflated, and the type of bike would be helpful.

For instance, I weigh 187-190, my Schwalbe Pro Ones measured 26mm on my wheels and are on a road bike (which has a more rearward weight bias than most triathlon bikes). I do 80-83 psi in the rear and 10% less in the front. My 28's that I use on a CX bikes measure 31 and 30.5mm and I run them closer to 60 psi in the rear and 10% less up front. I'll go down even more if the ride includes non-paved surfaces.

Unsure on the tire width but will check when I get home. I'm weighing high 170's to low 180's. Long story short, 90 psi is completely unnecessary? 180 is probably fine to start?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on PSI for Schwalbe Pro1 Tubeless? [MJGuswiler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJGuswiler wrote:
Unsure on the tire width but will check when I get home. I'm weighing high 170's to low 180's. Long story short, 90 psi is completely unnecessary? 180 is probably fine to start?

Okay, what does the label of the tire width say? What kind of bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
MJGuswiler wrote:

23mm, think it's closer to 25 inflated, but that is an estimate. Bike is a GURU CR-901.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJGuswiler wrote:
dangle wrote:
MJGuswiler wrote:

23mm, think it's closer to 25 inflated, but that is an estimate. Bike is a GURU CR-901.

A smaller tire requires more pressure than a larger one. 25mm measured is probably a good estimate since I'm familiar with those wheels and know the ID is 19 or so. I don't know what the heck a CR-901 is. I'm guessing it's a triathlon bike with this being Slowtwitch and the difficulty of answering direct questions. If it's a tri bike, pick a number and go 5% less up front. If it's a road bike, pick a number and go 10% less in front. Experiment with different pressures. I don't think "180 is probably fine to start" but see what 90 rear and 85 front feels like. Maybe go another 5 lower each way. Go another 5 lower each way. Come up with a short testing loop and see what measures faster and not what 'feels' faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
I don't know what the heck a CR-901 is. I'm guessing it's a triathlon bike with this being Slowtwitch and the difficulty of answering direct questions.

Correct, it is a triathlon/time trial bike, photo included below

dangle wrote:
I don't think "180 is probably fine to start"

180 was my approximate rider weight, varies by about 5 pounds on either side. I've got them both set at 90 PSI right now. Thinking 80 front, 85 back is a decent next step assuming 90/90 is the baseline?

Thanks for all the help!
-Mike
Last edited by: MJGuswiler: Jun 19, 17 11:31
Quote Reply