Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [Lacticbath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take March or April. May is full of duathlons in the North East.
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

A national championship in March would suck for us New Englanders. The was still snow on the ground this past March. April might be doable but May or October would be great (my $.02 worth).
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:

A national championship in March would suck for us New Englanders. The was still snow on the ground this past March. April might be doable but May or October would be great (my $.02 worth).

I ride inside all year around so the snow doesn't matter to me. I'd much rather race in the south in march than may. May could be really hot
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:

I ride inside all year around so the snow doesn't matter to me. I'd much rather race in the south in march than may. May could be really hot

This.
Don't want them competing w AmZof, FBN, etc.
& definitely don't want to race down south when it could be hot as balls outside already.
Late Mar to late April is probably the sweet spot.
Or late Sept/early Oct as the consolation prize for people who didn't qualify for Kona/70.3 worlds/Xterra/etc.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
B.McMaster wrote:

April 7/8 or 14/15 would be perfect given the school break here is the 9-13......
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tkos wrote:
Anth wrote:
because slowtwitchers seem to be only interested in IM distance races

Pretty much this. There seems to be a desire to try and make Swim/Runs big thing, but it seems like more of a fad really and I suspect it will disappear from the front page as well.

The fatal blow to swim-run is partner requirement. It should be more aquathlon style.
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I think National Championships should always make the cut.

Totally agree

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
tkos wrote:
Anth wrote:
because slowtwitchers seem to be only interested in IM distance races

Pretty much this. There seems to be a desire to try and make Swim/Runs big thing, but it seems like more of a fad really and I suspect it will disappear from the front page as well.

The fatal blow to swim-run is partner requirement. It should be more aquathlon style.
t
The partner thing is right on.....do you know what one of the major things that killed Adventure Racing?....the partner thing.

You scramble to find a suitable partner of similar speed, and then....the partner gets injured, doesn't have time to train, get sick, has a family issue...etc, etc.....
Quote Reply
Re: Why no love on the ST front page for the USAT Duathlon Nationals? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree that the Nats ought to have coverage. This is something of a chicken and the egg issue. We had a great Du Nat Champs and no coverage, so no one hears about the excitement. Duathlon? Huh, I never hear about it. Participation decreases next year. Justifies less/no coverage. Repeat.

Dan, if you're reading, sometimes you've got to make a choice to help the sport rather than only feed readers what they think they want. But you know this...
Quote Reply

Prev Next