Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another reason to shake ones head at America
Quote | Reply
Chocolate milk comes from brown cows with gender neutral identifying pronouns.

http://globalnews.ca/...k-brown-cows-survey/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

What? Your're kidding me? Chocolate milk doesn't come from brown cows?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah. 7% on a survey is like the thousands who put Jedi as their religion on the census forms.

If I was asked that question on a survey, I'm certain that that would be my answer, just to mess with the results.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knew a guy in the Army that kept listing his religion as Jedi on his Dog Tags form. He tried 3 times to get it corrected because every time they would come back with Jedin written on them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Nah. 7% on a survey is like the thousands who put Jedi as their religion on the census forms.

If I was asked that question on a survey, I'm certain that that would be my answer, just to mess with the results.

This is what I'm thinking too. Though to be honest, I think there might be a higher percentage of people who do practice Jedi as a religion. Those same people would likely be first in line to die if the Jedi religion existed and required that you sacrifice virgins.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Chocolate milk comes from brown cows with gender neutral identifying pronouns.http://globalnews.ca/...k-brown-cows-survey/[/quote[/url]]

Don't need to read this to know some Americans are stupid. 48% voted for Clinton. That's a much more statistically significant poll.

In all seriousness, I was struck by the fact the article "reported" that "Chocolate milk is in fact white cow’s milk mixed with flavouring and sweeteners". No shit?

In the end, though, this article is all about propaganda because the money shot was this line, "In less chuckle-inducing findings, the website also says chocolate milk is not linked to weight gain or hyperactivity in children, contrary to common belief."

Really? That's a fact? Or was this entire 7% percent chocolate milk thing just a way to get attention to your stupid dairy coalition and sell some chocolate milk.

We're on to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

+2

When I was young, I was honored to be asked my opinion in a survey -- "someone cares what I think." Now you can barely go to the bathroom without being surveyed and I'm thinking -- "if you are asking to interrupt what I was doing, I'm gonna mess with you."

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Poorly executed
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Poorly executed

Are you one of that 7%
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Poorly executed

Are you one of that 7%

Is your mind so addled with age you think that number is within the margin for error?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All you needed to follow up that thread title was one picture:

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Americans are not uniquely stupid.

Successful types surround themselves with other hard chargers. As a result, we start losing our feel for the "average" human. Sure, this report is surprising and disappointing. But that's because we've let our perception of "average human" drift. Go to Walmart and spend an hour on a bench watching people interact with each other. Watch their body language, observe how they are dressed, listen to what they say, not just what they are talking about, but their word choices and their diction.

Then come back here and you won't be surprised at all. Think of your Walmart time as a "recalibration" of your perception of the average human. Then hang out with someone that makes you laugh and have a few beers with him/her. That will make you feel better.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think (hope) that, while sitting on that walmart bench for an hour (!!), what you're witnessing isn't the 'average' American but those that are slipping down the wrong side of the bell curve, so to speak.

While Americans aren't uniquely stupid, I do observe a trend, certainly amongst the LR crowd, towards being proudly ignorant. For example, this thread was made in response to windywave's thread about freedom of speech in Canada. In that thread, he boasts about knowing nothing about our PM claiming that our PM is too inconsequential to be aware of. He thinks he is insulting us by saying we are insignificant world players, but, while I believe most Canadians aren't offended by his words, we find it an odd insult to make is he is really just bragging about himself being ignorant.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I think (hope) that, while sitting on that walmart bench for an hour (!!), what you're witnessing isn't the 'average' American but those that are slipping down the wrong side of the bell curve, so to speak.

While Americans aren't uniquely stupid, I do observe a trend, certainly amongst the LR crowd, towards being proudly ignorant. For example, this thread was made in response to windywave's thread about freedom of speech in Canada. In that thread, he boasts about knowing nothing about our PM claiming that our PM is too inconsequential to be aware of. He thinks he is insulting us by saying we are insignificant world players, but, while I believe most Canadians aren't offended by his words, we find it an odd insult to make is he is really just bragging about himself being ignorant.

You may be surprised as to what I know about your inconsequential country's legal system
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

You may be surprised as to what I know about your inconsequential country's legal system
Without using Google, is it legal to walk Camels on the main St. in Vancouver?
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

Without using Google, is it legal to walk Camels on the main St. in Vancouver?

I'm going to go with no
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
..... this thread was made in response to windywave's thread about freedom of speech in Canada.

Ah so. Well, that point was made, in the initial post, too subtly for me. I missed that connection entirely.

Imo your link in that first post was surprising/disappointing/amusing enough that it didn't need, ah "provocation". You'd have been justified going with it in a vacuum.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Another reason to shake ones head at America [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're confusing me with BLeP, the original poster in the thread?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I'm sure you are quite well informed on the subject. I still find it perplexing when you brag about being ignorant on other subjects in an attempt to insult. It certainly isn't an insult to me to know our country is small time. Canada is an amazing country to live in, and my particular corner of it is a paradise. Our international pull, or lack thereof, are of little consequence to how I live and enjoy my day to day life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I'm sure you are quite well informed on the subject. I still find it perplexing when you brag about being ignorant on other subjects in an attempt to insult. It certainly isn't an insult to me to know our country is small time. Canada is an amazing country to live in, and my particular corner of it is a paradise. Our international pull, or lack thereof, are of little consequence to how I live and enjoy my day to day life.

I think you're equating hyperbolic bluster with willful ignorance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I wonder if it were a multiple choice question, designed such that people would answer that to be funny - then they get publicity for their study.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I think you're equating hyperbolic bluster with willful ignorance

I may have misinterpreted you, yes, but it still is a common tactic used by other Americans on this board.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

I know bro. Over 40 mill voted for your prez so not inconceivable half of em believe their chocolate milk comes from brown cows is it??
Quote Reply