Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it....
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
165 in a 110? Depends on time of day and how much traffic, 100 mph on a interstate with no traffic is no big deal, but for crying out loud old man, learn how to spot an unmarked!! LOL
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This guy was headed to PEI:

http://www.nj.com/...sted_at_139_mph.html

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
165 in a 110? Depends on time of day and how much traffic, 100 mph on a interstate with no traffic is no big deal, but for crying out loud old man, learn how to spot an unmarked!! LOL

That's KM, not miles. Not nearly as fast as it sounds. And for that they seized his vehicle.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well to be fair it is just over 102 mph. Pretty quick for an old bugger.
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
50+ wrote:

That's KM, not miles. Not nearly as fast as it sounds. And for that they seized his vehicle.

Sorry I know, 165km is about 102 mph I said interstate as most Americans would have no idea what the 104 was, so think interstate.
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

I wonder if he's still headed here or if that would get him turned around at the border.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fairly common speeds on Hwy 401 in Ontario back in the 1980's with a radar detector. I remember speeding through Ohio on the interstate and the radar detector going off thirteen times and we didn't get a ticket. That ended after the police got hold of the instant ons and radar detector detectors. Wouldn't think about speeding anything more than about 20 kph over the limit now, as that seems to be the safety zone before they start writing tickets, at least in Ontario.
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
klehner wrote:

I wonder if he's still headed here or if that would get him turned around at the border.

The best part is that he had "a cooler and a sleeping bag" with him...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Zenmaster28 wrote:
klehner wrote:

The best part is that he had "a cooler and a sleeping bag" with him...

Probably had a reservation at the KOA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I wrote a number of articles for the Houston Chronicle, eHow and other outlets a few years back about oil field jobs and learned quite a bit about the people that work in the oil patch and up in North Dakota and overseas. A couple of interviews with them made me realize that many aren't traveling with a full seabag. ;-)

One of my pieces below. People in those jobs work in some of the most hazardous occupations and professions in the civilian world, for sure. They certainly have my respect.

Top Notch Oilfield Jobs | Chron.com

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't even think you could get a jacked up, homo-hatin' Dodge with duellies up to those kinds of speeds. Those trailer hitch balls must have been swinging like crazy! How did his gun rack not fly out the back?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I didn't even think you could get a jacked up, homo-hatin' Dodge with duellies up to those kinds of speeds. Those trailer hitch balls must have been swinging like crazy! How did his gun rack not fly out the back?

The newer trucks can with the auto transmissions. My 06 Tree Killing Machine is a 6 speed manual. 80freedomsperhour is about all I ever want to do in that truck. With a 3,200rpm redline, cruising down the freeway at 2,500rpm with a 5" straight hippie choking exhaust pipe can make one hell of a racket!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Threshold for seizing os 50km/h over in many provinces, its not discretionary. In BC 40 over gets the same. They don't give 2 fucks if its a rental, borrowed or company car either.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: This Has Retired Prairie Oil Patch Worker Written All Over it.... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I think you're confusing cowboys with rig pigs ;) Then again, a lot of them are the same people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

I think you're confusing cowboys with rig pigs ;) Then again, a lot of them are the same people.

All I know is a suspicious number of those vehicles with 'berta plates showed up in town shortly after oil tanked!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's because they were from BC to begin with.
Quote Reply