Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
You’re sitting upright, think about laying your chest and belly button on the top bar. It takes practice.

Thank you for the response, I did not see some of the most recent videos in this thread.

Is this from a strength or flexibility issue or is it just something I have not learned/done? Maybe the bars need slid more forward?
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First off. You need a better video. Video needs to be still, completely perpendicular to you, at the top tube height, and it needs to show your whole body and bike.

First thing I see is that you are sitting on the saddle incorrectly. You are way to rearward on that saddle. You need to sit more on the nose which will help you rotate your hips.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NOT a flexibility issue!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you’re on a split nose saddle you essentially should be sitting in the first 3rd of it, with your junk dangling off the front. This will feel strange at first but quickly because really comfortable, it helps to tilt your pads a little to help support your skeletal weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
If you’re on a split nose saddle you essentially should be sitting in the first 3rd of it, with your junk dangling off the front. This will feel strange at first but quickly because really comfortable, it helps to tilt your pads a little to help support your skeletal weight.

Okay I will give that a try, I may need to slide the saddle back a smidge. I had no idea you ride that far off the front of it .

The room is not large enough to get a full picture so I will need to try that in a different room or garage.
Last edited by: teddygram: Feb 3, 18 18:54
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

Right, its never flexibility. My back is hurt right now my fingers can't go past my knees, but i can still ride aero!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
once you sit on the saddle correctly and adjust your posture accordingly you are likely going to have to massively change your armpad position.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Right, its never flexibility. My back is hurt right now my fingers can't go past my knees, but i can still ride aero!

That sucks! You have one of the best position on St IMO. ( Far from any kind of expert)
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
There's no such thing as a good bike position but getting uncomfortable after 45 minutes

sure there is, if your race is under an hour.

nope

so a 40k TT'er that is <55mins doesn't get uncomfortable at some point in the second half in spite of having a "good bike position?"

i don't really feel like arguing semantics with you but there are also massively varying individual definitions of ''uncomfortable.''
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
There's no such thing as a good bike position but getting uncomfortable after 45 minutes

sure there is, if your race is under an hour.

nope

so a 40k TT'er that is <55mins doesn't get uncomfortable at some point in the second half in spite of having a "good bike position?"

i don't really feel like arguing semantics with you but there are also massively varying individual definitions of ''uncomfortable.''

I'm saying a good position - from the perspective of a fitter - is powerful, comfortable, and aerodynamic, not just "fast". As a rider I would agree with you though.

I'm also saying that a 45min threshold for comfort to a 50min TT is a red herring because way more time go into training for that effort than just 45min. There's just no reason for us non-UCI limited folks to be uncomfortable on a TT bike. Somewhere out there is a saddle that will make this theoretical 50min TT person comfortable.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Have you tried the Fizik Tritone and Mistica offerings?

No, have not seen them yet. I'll see if anyone local has one, but I doubt it. I have tried other similar saddles with no luck. Thanks for the tip.....looks like I'll have to find one to try.

Gary, if you haven't found anything local and want to make the trip to Rockford, I have a Mistica large (6.5) with only a few hours of use on it you can try for a couple weeks. It will be at least another month before I use the tt bike again. Send me a PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Pelvic tilt in aero position [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Have you tried the Fizik Tritone and Mistica offerings?

No, have not seen them yet. I'll see if anyone local has one, but I doubt it. I have tried other similar saddles with no luck. Thanks for the tip.....looks like I'll have to find one to try.

Gary, if you haven't found anything local and want to make the trip to Rockford, I have a Mistica large (6.5) with only a few hours of use on it you can try for a couple weeks. It will be at least another month before I use the tt bike again. Send me a PM.

Wow! Really nice of you! I'm just up the road in Madison, so not a long trip......
Quote Reply

Prev Next