Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video)
Quote | Reply
What can you say. A 16 year old running a 3.56 mile.
Slits:
400 - 58
800 - 1.59
1200 - 2.58
1609 - 3.56.29

Here you have the video of the race https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPsyPjQNkw
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic race! Amazing when he pushed the pacer to speed up! Makes me prows as a scand

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great race especially considering the pacer nearly tripped him up.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What can you say?.....

Too much, too fast, too soon?

I hope not, but it's pretty scary to be so good, so young.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you have the race with English commentators.
http://olympics.nbcsports.com/...oslo-diamond-league/
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
What can you say?.....

Wait till he discovers beer and women, they'll slow him down... I used to be fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
stringcheese wrote:
What can you say?.....

Wait till he discovers beer and women, they'll slow him down... I used to be fast.

Even with a 3.56 mile. He still has two faster brothers just this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. He has a bit of a different running style than most bit more forward lean. Easy to see where he is while watching the race.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jakob added to his already good season with two races this week.
5000m 13.49 with a 54 last lap.
3000m steeplechase 8.26 (under qualifying time for the world championship for seniors).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw that Henrik was flagged in the latest Fancy Bears leak as 'likely doping', I wonder if Jakob is following in his brothers foot steps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would unfortunately suspect that he will soon be busted...I would love to be wrong though.
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [Bernoullitrial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bernoullitrial wrote:
I would unfortunately suspect that he will soon be busted...I would love to be wrong though.
You are kidding I hope?
Jakob has been setting records since he was 10 and has been professionally trained the entire time. He has had a steady improvement curve and has been tested since he was 14. There is NOTHING that points to him doping.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
3000m steeplechase 8.26 (under qualifying time for the world championship for seniors).
That steeple is so impressive, wonder if he'll go against what they've previously said and run wc. Would bet that he could quite easily go sub 8:20.
As for the 5000 I suspect he could probably go sub 13:30 against a good field.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is the junior record for SC? 8:26 for a 16 year old is very impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
what is the junior record for SC? 8:26 for a 16 year old is very impressive.
The AG wr for 16 yo is 8:57, for 17 yo 8:37 and 8:29 for 18 yo as well as a European U20 record by 3 seconds.
Evan Jager ran the same time in his debut, as a 23 year old. 8:26 was fast enough to earn a spot in the finals in Rio.

Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Halvard wrote:

That steeple is so impressive, wonder if he'll go against what they've previously said and run wc. Would bet that he could quite easily go sub 8:20.

I read in Norwegian news today that the season plans have changed. He will run the world Championship for seniors in August.
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of his brothers was just implicated in the last fancy bears leak. Doesn't mean a whole lot, but now people have what they need to be suspicious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Bernoullitrial wrote:

You are kidding I hope?
Jakob has been setting records since he was 10 and has been professionally trained the entire time. He has had a steady improvement curve and has been tested since he was 14. There is NOTHING that points to him doping.

I'm with you on that. Running a 3:56 mile as a 16 year old is enough to create suspicion. Especially someone who has the funds/ability to get this professional coaching since he was 10, I'm sure if he can get a professional coach and a private facility he can get whatever and would do whatever it took to make it to the next level. Of course we all hope this isn't the case it is only natural to be suspicious when someone pushes the boundaries. A theory would be if you raised a kid and implemented even strictly legal substances from childhood with professional training then he would likely surpass the limits we thought were possible. This could be the case for him? I'll always be skeptical even if he is "Tested" cause we all know it's so hard to hide doping....
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [Kylek42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kylek42 wrote:
oscaro wrote:
Bernoullitrial wrote:

You are kidding I hope?

I'm with you on that. Running a 3:56 mile as a 16 year old is enough to create suspicion. Especially someone who has the funds/ability to get this professional coaching since he was 10, I'm sure if he can get a professional coach and a private facility he can get whatever and would do whatever it took to make it to the next level. Of course we all hope this isn't the case it is only natural to be suspicious when someone pushes the boundaries. A theory would be if you raised a kid and implemented even strictly legal substances from childhood with professional training then he would likely surpass the limits we thought were possible. This could be the case for him? I'll always be skeptical even if he is "Tested" cause we all know it's so hard to hide doping....

He is coached by his dad.
I am sure his dad is not charging for his coaching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Kylek42 wrote:
oscaro wrote:
Bernoullitrial wrote:

You are kidding I hope?

He is coached by his dad.
I am sure his dad is not charging for his coaching.

Thanks for the info I didn't know that, haven't really read up on him much. Do you know anything about the dad? I can't seem to find any information indicating that he would be able to produce such high quality athletes. All I've found was a website that I translated to see how the father runs his house like a communist country with himself as the dictator. Find it kind of sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Jakob Ingebrigtsen 16y ran the mile at Bislett on 3.56.29 (video) [Kylek42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kylek42 wrote:
oscaro wrote:
Bernoullitrial wrote:

You are kidding I hope?

Imo nothing about Jakob points towards doping and I believe people are innocent until proven otherwise. He has had an even trajectory which is unusual if you are doping. When you look at dopers you can normally pinpoint when they start because they improve drastically.
Besides huge talent, Jakob is where he is because he has had the best training possible from an early age. Most talented runners don't get on a serious program until high school so he has had a big advantage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
oscaro wrote:
Halvard wrote:

I read in Norwegian news today that the season plans have changed. He will run the world Championship for seniors in August.
Just read on nrk, so awesome! Of course not in contention, but I thing he will go sub 8:20. I think he has great endurance and perhaps 5000 will turn out to be his best event. We have yet to see how fast he can run, but sub 13 in a few years is def not impossible

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep bringing this stuff. Love watching the trajectory of this kid.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have to understand that all sports are organized differently in Norway (and all other countries) where Jakob lives.
In Norway you are running as a member of a club. You are free to sign up for any club you want, not just your local one.
You can sign up to track meets as much as you like. If you are fast, you can run in fast heats even if you are younger.
A fast 16 year old can run with seniors.

The term professional is not used since an American style high school and ncaa system does not exist.
You are free to train with anyone you want, get sponsorship, win prize money and just run the races you want.

And yes many are students while they are taking sport seriously.

Jakob is racing less than many his own age, especially compared to US HS runners.
Does he run a lot. Yes. But I have not seen anyone complaining about Garry Lindgren running 200 miles a week as 18y long time ago.
Xc-skiers, cyclists and swimmers also train a lot while in HS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see no problem in pushing younger athletes if that's what they want but the dad just seems like a d**k

"There is suspicion based on blood levels in the blood pass, so along with the achievements when a white male runs as fast as African runners, it becomes suspicious."

Was a quote by the father/coach when discussing the other sons doping accusations. The fancy bears are really interesting and I'm glad I found out about it. Nice to see some proof to suspicion although it sucks to see how flawed the system really is.
Quote Reply