Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Durability of the Continental TT
Quote | Reply
I know they are faster than my GP 4000s'. But can anyone comment on durability? Are these tires that you would expect to get only 250 miles on before they became very flat prone/thin? Or 500, 1000, 2000? Would you never ride them in training leading up to a race? I'm just looking for a ballpark, as I have no experience with these tires.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of the Continental TT [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1.75 races

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of the Continental TT [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
1.75 races

Ouch.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha I have these tires too. I have no idea how long they last.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have about 300 miles on a set far and they are still fine. I have them on as training tires for this reason to see how long they might last. It will for sure be less than the GP 4000s, but I suspect in the 500-1000 range
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got 1,000 out of a pair... but I would never have raced on them after 200 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see....IMWhistler, Kona, ATX 70.3, TX 70.3, CapTex Oly, Raleigh 70.3 and still nearly as good as new. That's over 417 miles and I probably have another 200-250 in the rides just before those races on the tires.

The roads on all of those races (except the ATX race) were pretty smooth with little or no chip seal, so the mileage is a bit higher than others may get on rougher roads.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of the Continental TT [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my TTs in october 2015 and did approximately 22 races on them, probably about 6 x 70.3s (the last Busso 70.3 in May this year) and the rest ODs and sprints. There were probably about 10 training rides done on them too when I couldn't be arsed taking my race wheels off. Zero punctures in that time. Road surfaces mostly pretty good. I'd guesstimate 1200kms/750miles? I sold my race wheels last month along with the tyres, which still looked in good nick. Will probably buy a set of TTs again. I had Rubino Pro Slicks before and had 3 flats in 20 races, luckily 2 were as I was coming into transition, maybe that was just bad luck, but I won't be touching those again!
Last edited by: zedzded: Jun 15, 17 23:32
Quote Reply
Re: Durability of the Continental TT [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
I bought my TTs in october 2015 and did approximately 22 races on them, probably about 6 x 70.3s (the last Busso 70.3 in May this year) and the rest ODs and sprints. There were probably about 10 training rides done on them too when I couldn't be arsed taking my race wheels off.

Why would you race with this much mileage on your tires? Everyone knows these Conti tires lose all aerodynamic properties after about 100 miles. And GPTT is already a tire that doesn't have much in the way of aero properties to begin with.

/pink ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done 450 miles on my tyres, both racing and training - they look OK to me apart from the usual wear and tear on a tyre - and that's is on shitty UK roads

Now wondering if I should change them out and use different tyres on training rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have about 500 miles on my front one, 1000 miles on the rear one (lazy ass trainer, no care switching wheels/tires). They are still very fine.

Gonna swap them for new though for IMMT70.3 next week (might be GP4000 if it's rainy). The old ones are gonna be relegated to trainer use. My tri season is 22 days long this year, so I usually buy new ones for races, and they eventually become trainer tires the next year.
Quote Reply