Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have the Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions? Kiley had them on the bikes at A2. Actually it could have been the 110's I can't remember.

Anyways...I have the Vuka Race extensions. Did anyone upgrade to the 70s or 110s and why?

and I have these

I'm guessing ski bend is faster than s-bend? Anyone test these in the tunnel? I figured I would ask before wasting money.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 110s - I really like them. Very well thought out shape
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 70 Alumina ones...its somewhere between a ski bend and a lazy S bend in terms of rise. The main thing you cant see from the photo is the in-out curve of the hand position that allows you a 'handshake' position with your wrist. They are the most comfortable bars I've ever used by far. The 110s are supposed to be for undermount bars, but folks are using them to get a higher hand position when mounted above the base bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the 110s on my Speed Concept. Absolutely love them. They allow me achieve a hand position I otherwise couldn't achieve: the ends of the extensions are nearly touching, fingers interlock in front, thumbs on top. Very compact and comfortable (for me).
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you end up doing for computer mount? I just got an alden design mount and it seems to work thought I'm not crazy about the angle the computer sits at. Just curious what others have done.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I changed to EVO110 aluminums on both my bike and also when we built up my wife's Ventum. The hand position is the most natural, comfortable yet aerodynamic I have ever achieved. These are truly the best of the best in my book

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
What did you end up doing for computer mount? I just got an alden design mount and it seems to work thought I'm not crazy about the angle the computer sits at. Just curious what others have done.

I'm using the Zipp BTA mount on the extensions rather than use the Bontrager mount for the plug-in extension.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Did anyone upgrade to the 70s or 110s and why?

They allow you to get your hands quite a bit higher than your pads. They do this comfortably with a natural wrist bend. Your photos don't show the other benefit which is they also bend in the horizontal plane to bring your hands closer together. They work for multiple aerobars, but really help on the Zipp Vuka range where the extensions are very far apart, even in the narrowest configuration.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Jun 16, 17 15:28
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went from the aluminum Evo 70s to the carbon 110s, using my Alden Design's mount on both. I had a medium-sized mount used on previous bars, and with the inward roll of the Evos the mount was too wide, so I took the mount apart and used only one of the pieces, sideways. I drilled a couple of new holes and zip-tied it back on. I used some ESI grips with the aluminum version and the spacing was perfect, the mount sat just between them at the end of the extensions, just behind the shifters. I cut the grips off the aluminum extensions and used a bit of them on the carbon extensions to maintain the same spacing, works perfectly - I can take some pics tonight if you'd like.

Drew

---------------------------------------
I am a living animal, tied to a dying soul. -PKD

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [d_smitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alden makes four different sizes of the mount, and will do custom widths as well. Just in case you weren't aware. But to save $55 your solution sounds okay

I'm digging the Alden mount. I like it a lot more than the Zipp sideview jawn I had with the Alumina extensions, which was either crooked (due to extension shape) or slightly too far back.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Carbon EVO 70 extensions....anyone have these? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I didn't feel like shelling out for a new mount and the single piece of the Alden mount was a perfect fit. I tried the Zipp BTA mount, but the angle, or lack of it, didn't work with the angle of the extensions. (took that mount apart too, instead of attaching it to the extensions with the cross piece I screwed it into the bottle cage holes on my Sigma stem, but the viewing angle was too flat, tough to see while riding with glare from the sun.)

Drew

---------------------------------------
I am a living animal, tied to a dying soul. -PKD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the carbon 70s and love them. Had s-bends prior that I had slightly tilted. Now using with new vuka aero which doesn't allow for tilt but these have a natural rise to them, obviously 110s would be more. I was comfortable in my old s-bends having used them for maybe 25 thousand miles over the years but these are way more comfortable. Has indicated above your hand is in a natural handshake position vs. the cocked wrist position of the s-bends. I've had them for 4 weeks now.
Quote Reply