Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Specialized Diverge
Quote | Reply
https://www.bikerumor.com/...ck-swat-ton-options/

All of these new bikes from Specialized but where is the Shiv?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Diverge [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
All of these new bikes from Specialized but where is the Shiv?

Hopefully we'll see something at the TdF. Maybe it's not the frame but the disc brakes that are the issue, I'm very intrigued as to why the Super Slice hasn't been properly launched either.....

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am wondering the same thing. Unfortunately they don't have any sponsored rider that could do much better than top 10 in an ITT, so it wouldn't be much of a debut (think Venge winning Milan San Remo). So they will wait for Kona.

My crystal ball, which isn't worth crap, says this means the new Shiv will follow the Scott/Trek/Giant pattern and be a TT bike with integrated storage options. The other hold up could be that they are waiting for hydronic TT brake levers. :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I actually got to talk with a mechanic of the Quickstep cycling team yesterday, as he was prepping a TT bike. He mentioned they were releasing a new one this year. According to him "the concept is staying much the same".
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Diverge [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
Well, I actually got to talk with a mechanic of the Quickstep cycling team yesterday, as he was prepping a TT bike. He mentioned they were releasing a new one this year. According to him "the concept is staying much the same".

Interesting. A revised internal bladder, disc brakes, and storage would be interesting.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Diverge [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:

Was "the concept" related to the TT Shiv or the Tri Shiv? A "pretty much the same " TT version would maybe suggest no crazy Vias brakes on a revised TT Shiv frame, much like the new Super Slice. I am not sure someone working for Quick Step knows or cares much about the Tri version.
Quote Reply
Re: New Specialized Diverge [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Fusion wrote:

Was "the concept" related to the TT Shiv or the Tri Shiv? A "pretty much the same " TT version would maybe suggest no crazy Vias brakes on a revised TT Shiv frame, much like the new Super Slice. I am not sure someone working for Quick Step knows or cares much about the Tri version.

If I'd know more, I'd tell you more, but apparently I don't. So, no, it might not be relevant to us triathletes. Don't shoot the pianist ;)
Quote Reply