Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Brandolini's Asymmetry Principle on B.S.
Quote | Reply
I love this: ;-)

"Publicly formulated the first time on January 2013 by Alberto Brandolini, an Italian programmer, the Bullshit Asymmetry Principle (also known as Brandolini's law) states that: The amount of energy needed to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

Yet another reason why I don't do politics these days. It turns into nuclear escalation -- with a side of Godwin's Law thrown in -- in short order. I personally witnessed Brandolini's law in action in Iowa in 2014, where the two major party candidates for the U.S. senate got into it over live chickens, in front of me and several other correspondents (and an audience), and one candidate's use of the law to address an issue with them in that candidate's neighborhood. Then it got even sillier with a discussion over the other candidate's ability to de-neuter cattle.

Ugh. Retail politics. It's kind of like retail sex purchased on Backpage or at a brothel.

Brandolini's law is also a phenomenon I admittedly, and gleefully, helped propagate at this very site. And for that I sincerely apologize.

Brandolini’s law

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jun 15, 17 5:01
Quote Reply
Re: Brandolini's Asymmetry Principle on B.S. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The difference is you slung your bullshit for a little trolling entertainment, these politicians make a career out of nonsense. Their entire profession is formulated on passing off their own bullshit better than their opponent(s) can. And making matters worse the media no longer reports on the bullshit, they further spin it into radioactive bullshit that hardly resembles the original pile of steaming shit it once was.

Anyway, this Brandolini fella is a smart man.
Quote Reply
Re: Brandolini's Asymmetry Principle on B.S. [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that's a lotta shit. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Brandolini's Asymmetry Principle on B.S. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it.

Might be a good explanation for the exponential growth of some of the threads around here.
Quote Reply