Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pain cave trainer outside?
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever take their trainer and bike to a nearby vista spot...near a coastline, to any type of overlook park etc to mix it up and get outside, or is that crazy talk? I live near the coast and with out of town tourists coming in from everywhere for the summer I get nervous riding my bike with added distracted drivers everywhere...so I figure I can set up my trainer someplace nice and suffer there instead...thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Pain cave trainer outside? [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go for it, there are no set rules. I've brought mine to my kids sporting events before. Obviously, out of the way of others.

tom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to do this in Chicago with my Omnium and a security skewer. Theres a track just east of Michigan Avenue between Pearson and Chicago right by the lake. I'd get to the track right at day break and do a varied brick then pack up and go down to the lake for a swim to cool off :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not? I took my bike+trainer with me on a business trip to Fort Walton Beach (I was able to drive to it) and set it up on my hotel balcony which looked right out onto the beach. By the time I got back to my room the sun was going down and it was a perfect place to maintain my consistency.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I set up shop on my back patio, it's awesome - highly recommend you do it. The only downfall I've noticed are gnats, you're sweating and not going anywhere so there is no escape the little bastards.

Regards,
J. Smith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Set up once at a CX race when I was coming off of an injury. Spun for a couple hours while heckling the racers.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it all-go time!

The garage has always been so drab...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes it's just too nice out to stay inside, but the workout on the schedule doesn't lend itself, for whatever reason, to being safely executed on a road or trail. I see nothing wrong with using a trainer on the patio or whatever :)
Quote Reply