Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Copy cat?
Quote | Reply
I wonder if any of you have seen this yet..

https://www.edge-design.com.tw/Spec-TRIDENT.html

vs

http://www.planetx.co.uk/...triathlon-bikes/exo3

looks pretty same to me.

which one would you buy?
Quote Reply
Re: Copy cat? [dhyrk3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is the same open mold as the new kestrel as well.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Jun 14, 17 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cheapest.

They're the same frame, Planet-X might wax lyrical about their added value (quality control, customer service) but I'm not sure how to account for that, especially as you could send either frame back if there were issues. So unless you live close to Planet-X then a frame issue might be equally problematic and time consuming.

Planet-X does do terrific bike deals BUT the pound is dropping and their margins are very tight. Currently the frame is selling for £1499. It was at £999 last October/November if I recall correctly. I doubt very much it will drop that low again.

I'd love to know how much the 'original' costs.

SteveMc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has been going on for at least a decade. Different companies have bought different pre designed products to use in different ways. Sometimes specifying layup, sometimes only specifying paint, and sometimes negotiating for certain "rights"(like to be the only seller in a certain area).

I would say, buy from whoever gives you the best compromise of price, warranty, trust in quality control, aftersales support, etc. Or whoever paint you like the best.

From my set of criteria, Planet X tends to be a great bet when comparing the offerings. Usually there is one or two bigger names selling a product and they want to charge you the same as what they were charging for their in house designed previous bike. And then a lot of the time you can buy from the manufacturer or a Chinese distributor at "sample" price but the buying process tends to look pretty rough from some of the online posts I've seen. Planet X though, they've been around a long time now, their prices are lower than the big names, and they've got a pretty good reputation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies guys.

Apparently the Edge Design brand costs more than Planet X.
Quote Reply