Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit Adjustment - from ISM Attack to Fizik Tritone 5.5
Quote | Reply
To the ST Gods,

I am curious if anyone has first hand knowledge on going from an ISM Attack to a Tritone 5.5, and how the seat placement would change. Specifically, seat setback, angle, saddle height, etc.

Thanks in advance.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Adjustment - from ISM Attack to Fizik Tritone 5.5 [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you make that change already?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Adjustment - from ISM Attack to Fizik Tritone 5.5 [Savage8778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saddle and butt combinations are so unique, but I made this transition (attack to tritone).

With the ISM attack, I would really sit off the prongs of the saddle.

Now that I'm using the tritone 5.5, I'm sliding my butt back on the saddle and using my sit bones a lot more. Fit wise, this translates into the tritone saddle being positioned more forwards than the attack saddle.

I also have my Tritone adjusted at -5deg (which is steep for me and the ISM Attack saddle was level), but it seems to be working for me at the moment. ...I'll likely play around with this at some point to see how other angles feel and affect my weight distribution.

I have to say that I'm surprised that the tritone is working well for me. I have always had chaffing issues with riding at FTP effort in 40km TT races. The problems seems to be reduced with the tritone.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Adjustment - from ISM Attack to Fizik Tritone 5.5 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did. I had a few solid seasons on the Attack, and it was time for a new saddle. Opted to try the TriTone out through my LBS.

One thing I noticed thus far is that I lowered the seat slightly (less than 1cm), and have also noticed I am sitting further back on the saddle. Only a few rides on the saddle thus far, but looking pretty good so far.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
look as beston's note just above mine. you two are coming to the same conclusion.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Fit Adjustment - from ISM Attack to Fizik Tritone 5.5 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dan - I realized I didn't put an 'also' in my previous comment to show agreement with him. My apologies.

Quote Reply