Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Road bike in 15 years...would you rather
Quote | Reply
Bought a few tri bikes, but this is the first new road bike purchase in 15 years.

Looking at the various Bianchi models anywhere from $3200-$4999 within budget.

I am seeing Disc and Di2 offered on many, but rarely together. I'll probably be just fine with full ultegra but just wondering for those with this tech...is it a must after riding on it? Which is more highly recommended, Di2 or Disc?
Quote Reply
Re: First Road bike in 15 years...would you rather [sax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither.

Rim brakes and mechanical shifters. I don't want to rely on a battery to shift and I've never been in a situation on my road bike where by rim brakes didn't cut it.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you going to do with that road bike? If the answer is ride around for fun when you aren't training on your tri bike, then asking Di2 or disks is the wrong question. Neither will help or hurt one way or the other. It doesn't matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 with rim brakes.

I honestly love hydraulic discs on my CX bike, but rim brakes are fine for road bike
Quote Reply
Re: First Road bike in 15 years...would you rather [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
What are you going to do with that road bike? If the answer is ride around for fun when you aren't training on your tri bike, then asking Di2 or disks is the wrong question. Neither will help or hurt one way or the other. It doesn't matter.

Mostly long solo rides. 80% flat, 20% hills
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If solo rides and not racing, I get something that you could put at least a 28mm Conti GP4000S II tire on a HED Plus Rim and be able to ride it (almost) everywhere.

Trek Domane SLR and the soon to be released Cervelo R3 would be my short list.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jun 13, 17 14:32
Quote Reply
Re: First Road bike in 15 years...would you rather [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
If solo rides and not racing, I get something that you could put at least a 28mm Conti GP4000S II tire on a HED Plus Rim and be able to ride it (almost) everywhere.

Trek Domane SLR and the soon to be released Cervelo R3 would be my short list.
This is what I would do too. Probably with an Ultegra 6800. And bombproof wheels, and like he said clearance for 28 tires.
Quote Reply