Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

On Cloud IMers
Quote | Reply
Those training and competing in IM, what cloud shoe are you training/racing in. Whats your weekly mileage? I saw a few On thread but interested specifically in IMers
Quote Reply
Re: On Cloud IMers [atxtri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did Honu Ironman Hawaii 70.3. I used On Cloudsurfer for training and some shorter distance races. I used the On Cloud Flow for the Honu. I used them for a few years now and I love them. I used Asics previously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cloud surfers for long runs or trail runs.
The pods don't last as long as they are more supportive bit nice for longer stuff.

Cloudflows for everything else.

Have raced 2 ironmans on clouds but when the flows came out they were the best all round.
Raced 1 ironman in cloudflow so far.

The clouds have been relegated to casual wear or odd treadmill or easy run.

Also have a pair of the new flash to use only tested so far seemed great but for up to a half maybe. Flow has bit better feel for longer stuff whilst still as responsive for speed.

The new racer is also out and defo one to check out- not in my cupboard yet but soon most likely.

I think the flow is the best all rounder so far. Training and racing all distances and my preference for IM.

Since switching to On I haven't had a bad blister or cuts in races like I used to. So it's individual but they obv fit my feet well.

Regarding volume - anything from 30-50 miles per week. At present that would be around 10% Cloud, 25% surfer and rest flows.
Could easily do all in the flows though. They've also lasted the longest for me so seem very durable. I've one pair over 600km still going strong.
Quote Reply
Re: On Cloud IMers [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback.

I saw the Cloud Surfers on Rachel Joyce at Boulder. Running in Flows now for past 3 months w/ Santa Rosa coming up. Need a new pair as running on a dirt trail has torn the Flows up, and seeing the Surfers on Joyce, thought maybe see what Clouds AG'ers are doing IMs in before I dish out another $140 on Flows or $150 on Surfers. This will be my 7th IM, but first in Clouds (kinvara, new balance vazee for previous IMs).

The website "find the right show" actually put me in the new Rush. Not sure how those will be for an IM run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the Rush is the new Racer - forgot the name there in previous post.

The surfer is softer, and lugs are taller.
IMO this isn't ideal for racing but then again for comfort it could help depends on your preference.

I find the Flows and Flashs more responsive so easier to pick it up so to speak.
Suspect the Rush is a middle ground of the two of them so a similar style.

Rush is my next one to try - but with 2 pairs of Flows and zero complaints it's hard to look past them.
the find the right shoe just seems to be on volume and race/training goal based so hard to take as useful - but yep same appears for me the Rush and Flash.

I don't think you'll go wrong with Flow or Rush.
Quote Reply