Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First ride of the new year......
Quote | Reply
Just did a pedestrian 50 miler...flat and casual......first ride since Gulf Roast in May.......did a semi retirement gig........found that at 44, I get too fat if I don't train..DUH!

The pool is looming on Monday......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
My first ride...... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
28 degrees, freezing rain, no let up in site. I ain't gonna be ride'n any where but my dreams for a long while. Darn January.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: My first ride...... [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did 53 on saturday... a bit overcast but a comfortable 73 degrees... there are some benifits to living in Florida.

S 36
Quote Reply
Re: First ride of the new year...... [sambean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rain finally broke yesterday and it was a nice sunny day- high 40's to low 50's, so I headed out for my first outdoor ride on the PC's in a while. One slipped front der cable and two flat tires in 35 miles. Arrrrgghh! Happy New Years indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st ride of the year was also the 1st century of the year. Did 103 on Friday with a visiting friend. Wind, wind, wind! Unfortunatey as I am the stronger rider and this was his 1st century, I bore the brunt of the 50 miles of headwind.

And then there was the underpass that we went through at mile ~75 that happened to be flooded. Didn't notice the water until it was too late and I didn't notice the submerged tarp at all.

One wreck, one ripped set of bib shorts, one flat tire, two numb feet, two numb hands, and one FROZEN cyclist for the last 25 miles home.
Quote Reply
Re: First ride of the new year...... [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done 2 rides on the road this new year - one wet and cold, the other in snow. Had ice all over my jacket, my clothing had frozen stiff!! After that I hit the trainer..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
54 miles Thursday it was 70 degrees

51 miles on Sunday at about 67 degrees, bhut very windy.
Quote Reply