Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More Animal Stories
Quote | Reply
I saw two thing's this weekend I've not seen before:

The groundhog who lives under our neighbors' shed was trying to cross the power lines like the squirrels do. It was having a very hard time, as if I was trying to do the same thing. It didn't make it too far before falling into a bush.

Then, last night, we were out on the deck & the dog heard something up in the trees. Got out the flashlight and saw something skittering across a branch, then it disappeared. It wasn't a bat, wasn't a chipmunk.

Turns out it was a flying squirrel!! Just as I caught it in the light, it detached from the tree, floated right over my head (looked like a mini bat suit), and disappeared into another tree. Completely silent.

Super cool.

Sorry, no pictures.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: More Animal Stories [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:

The groundhog who lives under our neighbors' shed was trying to cross the power lines like the squirrels do. It was having a very hard time, as if I was trying to do the same thing. It didn't make it too far before falling into a bush.

I am really disappointed that this did not end with he groundhog becoming the filament in a new design of light bulb.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply