Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trying to figure out why I imploded during my run [stbtr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I suspect that it was nutrition related more so than effort.

Spoken like a true triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to figure out why I imploded during my run [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutrition is the fourth discipline....with that said....proper bike pacing can make or break the race.

I focused so much on bike pacing and even screwed up this past Sunday. Even though I dialed it down my targets due to projected heat, I still over-biked. It's difficult and takes a lot of discipline. Sometimes its refreshing to do a Sprint distance because it really requires little thinking. You go balls out from the start. You damn near puke at the finish line but the race is over quickly.....could almost leave your car running.

Quote | Reply
I am guessing you did Grand Rapids. It was freakin hot. I came in 10 minutes slower on the 70.3 than I did last year, on identical equipment and near identical training/prep.
I think we got a bum deal this year as far as spring/summer weather was concerned. Very few chances to get some good hot weather training to condition for race day. If I knew it was going to be that hot I would have been on the trainer in the basement with the space heater running in April and May.

Probably only so much you can do as far as nutrition. You might have over-loaded on electrolytes, and then you could not hold enough water in your stomach to balance that out.

Two years ago I was bitching about the rain all day, and this year I was praying to the rain gods to pour down. When I finished, I was as wet as if I had just come out of the lake with my clothes on. Towards the end I was taking handfuls of water cups to dump on myself. I also let the finish line guy hose me down like a dumpster fire.
Quote Reply

Prev Next