Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle grip tape
Quote | Reply
I've dialed in my position and I'm now really comfortable, but one problem remains... although I feel I can sit on my saddle (Bontrager Hilo XXX) for days on end, I'm still slipping forward a bit in aero causing me biceps to get tired. I know some pro cycling teams have added some kind of grip tape to their saddles in years past (and I don't want to add the sandpaper Tony Martin used for obvious reasons!), is that commercially available? Any DIY ideas?

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle grip tape [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fizik used to have some stick on "grip" that came with saddles (my ares had it) might find some online.

Pretty much what the pro teams do (have done) is take some grippy stuff of choice and sew it on. You don't need to go that far, you could probably get away with some bar tape and spray adhesive.
I've wrapped the nose of my tt bike with gaffer tape before... makes a hell of a mess but works well.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Jun 12, 17 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle grip tape [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fizik tape is the only one I'm aware was every available, but unfortunately it seems to be impossible to find!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle grip tape [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used silicone sealant, and it worked well. However I was not as careful as I should have been with it, and getting some of the "globs" off have proven virtually impossible even with a razor. If I were to do it over again, I'd do just a couple of dime size at the largest "dots" on certain spots.
Quote Reply