Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rochester NY Area Knee Surgeon Recommendation
Quote | Reply
I'm in Upstate New York, south of Rochester, NY.

Felt a pop yesterday during run part of a race and it's highly probable that I tore one of the knee ligaments. Can't move my lower leg forward without pain.

Could use a recommendation for a orthopedic knee sports surgeon.
Quote Reply
Re: Rochester NY Area Knee Surgeon Recommendation [Forward Bias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UR Orthopedics is pretty good. I saw Dr. Giordano about my hip and he's one of the best orthopedics I've ever been to. Sat down and explained everything to me (for around 15-20min!), answered questions, didn't seem rushed, and didn't jump right to surgery.

And upstate NY is reserved for north of Rochester :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rochester NY Area Knee Surgeon Recommendation [Forward Bias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Klibonoff is a very good ortho and an athlete himself.

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SOS in Syracuse. Highly recommend!
Quote Reply
Re: Rochester NY Area Knee Surgeon Recommendation [elrasc06] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought there was only a great lake north of Rochester.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

First off before going to a surgeon go to your regular doctor if you haven't done that yet! If you think you tore a ligament, the first step is complete immobilization + typical RICE. And don't put weight on it!

Not all torn ligament require surgery, they sometimes heal on their own and it's just a super long rehab (sorry that's probably not what you want to hear). I had a partial MCL tear from a fall in January (grade 2) so DM me if you have questions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just north of Lake Placid...which is significantly north of Rochester. It was mostly a joke, people up here consider Rochester western NY, Syracuse to Albany and up is "Northern NY".
Quote Reply