Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You know the world's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Though her female peers in Hollywood have lavished the Women's March with adoration since it happened in January, Courtney Love issued a no-holds-barred denouncement of its high-profile co-chair on Twitter this week, charging her with fraud over a fundraiser she coordinated for an Ohio woman. Love, not known for her couth, tweeted at Linda Sarsour, "You're a vile disgrace to women and all mankind." Love also called Sarsour "an anti American fearmongering fraud."

After throwing those flames, the infamous rocker followed up with a long string of tweets demonstrating a nuanced and well-informed grip of the story behind it, more than holding her own in a battle with Sarsour and her allies.

Love was reacting specifically to Sarsour's involvement in organizing a fundraiser for Rahma Warsame, a woman who claimed to be the victim of anti-Muslim hate crime. Sarsour subsequently began raising money for the alleged victim.

But reports have cast serious doubt on Warsame's claims, and this is the issue at the heart of Love's complaint. In her engagements with others on Twitter, Love even tweeted screenshots of a statement from Columbus police refuting the allegations that a hate crime occurred. "Don't blame the right," she tweeted after Sarsour attempted to fight back. "Blame that you did zero research on this fake story but you rushed to take everyone's money."

Love framed her efforts to expose Sarsour as a defense of the women's movement, noting that she's "worked [her] ass off" her entire life to support women and arguing that the activist is "using fake stories to generate sympathy and collect $$ under the mask of women's rights and solidarity."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...tory/article/2625513

Sarsour later confirmed Love's assessment, offering "welcome to America where a white woman ‘celebrity’ uses her platform to deny that a Black immigrant Muslim woman was brutally assaulted."

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jun 11, 17 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: You know the word's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Courtney Love always got a bad rap.

What's Sarsour's position on Rachel Dolezal?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: You know the word's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe Rachel Dolezal now self identifies as Linda Sarsour.

Quote Reply
Re: You know the word's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol!

The world's gone meta.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: You know the word's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Courtney Love always got a bad rap.

I can't imagine why...

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: You know the word's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/...7WdGqfA&index=10

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: You know the world's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because Islam as a religion is not inherently anti-woman nor anti-gay any more than Christianity is. Sects of Islam are, as are sects of Christianity. What is anti-woman are certain cultures and it's the lack of development of those cultures compared to our culture that keeps an anti-woman culture in place. A segmented monarchy does not make for a representation of the actual religion.

Duffy wrote:
How can an American "womens march" profess equal rights for women, equal rights for gays and solidarity with muslims?

Sorry, no credibility there...
Quote Reply
Re: You know the world's gone mad when Courtney Love is the voice of reason [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
How can an American "womens march" profess equal rights for women, equal rights for gays and solidarity with muslims?

The Shepard Fairey's poster has been kicking around in my head since I saw it on a bumper sticker yesterday.

I've had ambivalent thoughts about this for a while, but increasingly I'm coming to see it no differently than I would an Abolishionist poster featuring a black man proudly displaying star spangled shackles. Muslims are not monolithic in culture, beliefs, or practice, but generally speaking, feminism and islamism (which is what I believe Sarsour is at heart) are not compatible ideologies.

Quote Reply