Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lufthansa A340-300
Quote | Reply
A Lufthansa A340-300 from Frankfurt, Germany heading into the gate earlier this afternoon. This one is named "Offenbach," for Offenbach am Main (LH names their widebodies and jumbos after German cities). I think this one holds 255 passengers, with 30 up in business class (there's no first class), 28 in premium economy and the rest of the folks manning the galley oars in the back.

Our crews do the interior security search on this one, and U.S. Customs officers are always there to greet it and to send it off, making a lot of passengers nervous as a result. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jun 9, 17 14:24
Quote Reply
Re: Lufthansa A340-300 [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a nice seating configuration for that bird. I think Hawaiian holds 294 in their 330-200. Different goals, of course.
Quote Reply
Re: Lufthansa A340-300 [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimmy d wrote:
That's a nice seating configuration for that bird. I think Hawaiian holds 294 in their 330-200. Different goals, of course.

I go on a lot of planes during the course of my work. LH's A330 and A340 birds definitely seem a bit roomier compared to others. They're going to run a B747-400 on the FRA-DTW-FRA route starting on July 2nd, but even the "whale" (the airline slang term for a Boeing 747) doesn't feature a cattle car-like environment.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I appreciate that some airlines still have a degree of regard for passenger comfort, and I like the 2-4-2 Y seating on the 340 and 330 types. I've flown in an Air Canada 773 prior to the change from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3. I get it, but that is some tight seating for long flights. I still try to fly on 767 or 330 aircraft when going overseas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there really a difference between first and business class?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew a LH A380 from Frankfurt to LAX that was named New York so they don't just use German cities to name them. First time on a 380 for me and the only thing I really noticed was how little overhead space it has in coach compared to a 747.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to see you back in here. What's with all the airplane threads? Hoping to lull us into an expectation of banal information before you go all demagogue?

I'm sitting on some sort of airbus right now. Decent leg room in the proletariat zone!

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Last edited by: lunchbox: Jun 10, 17 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: Lufthansa A340-300 [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Demagogue and airplane, both movers of the people.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Lufthansa A340-300 [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
Good to see you back in here. What's with all the airplane threads? Hoping to lull us into an expectation of banal information before you go all demagogue?

I'm sitting on some sort of airbus right now. Decent leg room in the proletariat zone!

Demagogue? Moi? Perhaps you meant "Demigod"? Probably.

In all seriousness, though; I don't do demagogue anymore. :-)

Quote Reply