Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams
Quote | Reply
With the Tour de Suisse starting in a few days, it's time to pick your fantasy team

Go to http://www.velogames.com and create a TdS team. Then join the Slowtwitch league using the info below

League Name: Slowtwitch
League Code: 08164313
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't do any worse than my team in the Dauphine (I hope).

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wait until the GC days come by. All will be revealed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if Dumoulin is racing for GC? He's listed (along with Sagan) as the most expensive riders. Sagan I can see, but if Dumoulin's just there for the time trial, it's an expensive pick. (not that I took either)
Last edited by: timbasile: Jun 8, 17 14:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team Chamois Whammy will be on the start line!

thanks for setting this up.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in
See you in Suisse

res, non verba
Last edited by: RoYe: Jun 8, 17 16:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Anyone know if Dumoulin is racing for GC? He's listed (along with Sagan) as the most expensive riders. Sagan I can see, but if Dumoulin's just there for the time trial, it's an expensive pick. (not that I took either)
I ALWAYS take Sagan. Even if he doesn't win a stage, he usually earns some significant "velogames points" unless it's a major climbing stage.

(I hope he's taking this race seriously.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in, TeamUnsure will be there to prop up the rest of you all...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually make a point of not taking whomever the most expensive person is. Sagan may give a lot of points but at 24 points is he worth twice the points of a Bling or a Degenkolb?

At any rate, I just picked him up mostly for want of better choices. With so many of the top GC guys at the Dauphine I'm finding it hard to burn all my points.
Last edited by: timbasile: Jun 9, 17 8:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sagan' s always pretty pricey, but he's (almost) always worth it. You never know when you go with a Coquard or De Gendt.

Here's hoping some of my "4 point spear carriers" end up in a winning break.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man bites dog!

Blind squirrel finds acorn!

Middle Eastern nations agree to live in peace!

Team lunarbumwad wins the Velogames Dauphine slowtwitch fantasy league!

(One of these things actually happened.)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that stage 3 was a thrilling sprint, Matthews had a brilliant lead out by Nik Arndt.
Sagan and Degenkolb couldn't come close to catching him.
Team Sir Velo now jumps into 5th spot in the ST league, and rising.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty neat. Larry Warbasse won today's stage that finished with a climb to Villars-sur-Ollon. First win of his career. 40 seconds ahead of Caruso and Kruijswijk. Heck of a result.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michael Woods from Canada leading the queen stage solo on the way up Albula pass. According to Swiss TV he is a former middistance runner switching to cycling after some injuries only at age 25.

What do you Canadiens can tell us about him?

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://mobile2.derbund.ch/...9c7eab5c3704a7000001

OK, for those that speak german.

Unfortunately it wasn't enough for the win. But great racing.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't quite close the deal, but still a good ride by Woods.

Really good race. Pozzovivo and Caruso tied for the GC lead with another climbing stage tomorrow and the final day's ITT yet to come. Kruijswijk, Spilak and Frank within 23 seconds of the lead with Soler and Costa within 54 seconds.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woods doesn't have a lot of experience on the world tour level, it showed on the descent in the rain, everyone was faster than him in the final downhill Kms.
He has a good future tho.
Pozzivivo was tied with Caruso in time because of winning time bonuses, but the race directors have given him the yellow
Exciting finishing stages coming up!

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Suisse Velogames - fantasy teams [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the fastest sprinters aren't at this race. But nothing is ever guaranteed in a sprint finish. Pretty impressive how Sagan won again today.

It's too bad (from a neutral fan perspective) that Spilak put so much time into the other GC riders yesterday. I don't think he will lose a minute in a 28.6 km ITT, but it's been a good race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been unable to login to the site since last night.

Edit: never mind I figured it out and am logged in now.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: Jul 2, 17 16:20
Quote Reply