Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone ever made muscadine wine?
Quote | Reply
We've got some healthy muscadine vines that produce more muscadines than we can eat. Last year we froze almost ten 1 gallon bags of muscadines. And that was after sharing them with my family and neighbors. We've thought about making muscadine wine just to try it.

Anyone ever made their own wine? Any thoughts or tips?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever made muscadine wine? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can honestly say I have never had a good glass of muscadine wine. There are a few wineries in N GA(and some that make some decent whites, but only a few decent reds) and a good number of them try a variation of muscadine wine or some sort of peach flavored nonsense.
Thoughts: give them to your kids to use a slingshot ammo. That was my favorite use for them.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever made muscadine wine? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would google site:winemakingtalk.com muscadine wine and look at their posts. Winemakingtalk.com is excellent for help with home wine making.

The search function from google is better than going to the site and using their site search function.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever made muscadine wine? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know that you could use the SITE: xyz.com in your search like that. That is useful, as is the search suggestion. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever made muscadine wine? [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had really excellent homemade muscadine wine that had probably aged 15 years, and also terrible wine from the same batch. In Georgia. Friends grandfather made it. Consistency was the hardest thing in making it according to my friend
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone ever made muscadine wine? [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of wine, what ever happened to the Drunk Monk wine making site? Tried googling it a few days ago and came up empty.
Quote Reply