Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2
Quote | Reply
Just curious if anyone has ran into rear shifting issues w/ the OSPW and Di2. For reference I put the OSPW on a fresh bike, with a new chain and cassette. Ive adjusted the fine adjustments and tinkered with the limit screws.... If I get the chain to shift normally in mid to low gears it will not go into 11. If I set the fine adjustments appropriately so that it will shift into 11, it lags going back up into bigger gears...Frustrating. Thanks for your input
Last edited by: mtstanek: Jun 7, 17 12:20
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [mtstanek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check the b tension screw. You need to adjust the b tension screw so the top pulley wheel is close to the cassette. That was my issue at least. Mine now shifts perfectly. It also could be chain length but I'm assuming you got that correct.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your drivetrain otherwise "stock?" I ran into some trouble with the OSPW on my road bike because I have all kinds of wonky stuff going on (Q-rings, large spread front and rear), but it's perfect on my TT which is still wonky but not nearly as much (Q-rings, but much tighter spread front and rear). Both bikes are 9070 di2.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What spring tension hole did you set the dérailleur too? I had issues going to the ceramic speed too and found it shifted best on three but also magnified the issue that my dérailleur hanger was not straight with the OS pulleys. I could potentially back the spring tension off now but haven't.
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently have it on the lightest tension setting. I tried it on the middle tension which did not help so I switched it back.
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea, I added the appropriate links. Ill check out the B screw!!! Thanks man
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So a longer chain is required for OSPW? Any real advantage over standard size ceramic speed pulley?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like your derailleur hanger might be bent slightly.

That usually manifests like you describe, adjust it to shift correctly at one end of the cassette, and you get poor shifting at the other end.
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [1Wavemaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you'll need a longer chain with the OSPW compared to a stock shimano/sram pulley system.

For reference, I run DA di2 with 53/39 and 11-23 cassette..... I don't cut any links off a new shimano chain with the OSPW system.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check b tension, and derailleur hanger alignment. Something could have been bumped in the process, hangers bend very easily and they throw off the gears like you described
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got my shifting dialed finally but does anyone have issues removing the wheel after installing the pulleys? I've got vertical drops and can't drop the wheel with the skewer on
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take the skewer out then.
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the insight there. Just trying to see if this is an issue others have ran in to
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
Sounds like your derailleur hanger might be bent slightly.

That usually manifests like you describe, adjust it to shift correctly at one end of the cassette, and you get poor shifting at the other end.

This guy has it worked out. I had the exact same problem and couldn't get it to go into my 11 and adjusted and adjusted but couldn't get it to change into my 11. Got out my derailleur hanger aligning tool and shifted like a dream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size cassette? They are not meant to be run with anything larger than 11/28.
Quote Reply
Re: Shifting problems w/ ceramic speed OSPW and Di2 [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said I only had an issue getting it to change to the 11??? But to answer your question I only ever use 11-26 or 11-28 cassettes on my tri bike with OSPW & DI2 tri bike,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
I said I only had an issue getting it to change to the 11??? But to answer your question I only ever use 11-26 or 11-28 cassettes on my tri bike with OSPW & DI2 tri bike,

Dude...calm down.
Quote Reply