Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GoPro Users
Quote | Reply
For those that use a GoPro on the bike, how are you mounting it? I have a GoPro Hero5 Black and tried the handlebar mount. Did one video on a very smooth road and it was fine, but most other roads the vibration makes any video impossible to watch. This is with the anti vibration mode turned on. Mounting it on the helmet won't work, at least not with the suppled base mounts, too many vents on the helmet. Any other options?

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro Users [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's how I mount the GoPro Session(s). Also good visuals of the 4 vs 5 for stabilisation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNl6ENlrQ3k

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Last edited by: gplama: Jun 7, 17 9:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mount my Session 5 both under the computer as well as on top of the bars for different shots. I've also got a mount for rear shots. Never been a fan of helmet mounts so don't use them.

Btw, I used to have a standard Hero but found it was always difficult to get stable shots on the bike. I felt like the balance was off when it was mounted. The Session, however, has been butter smooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the k-edge garmin/gopro dual mount and it works pretty well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A chest mount is a good way to reduce the moving around, but a gimble is what creates perfectly stable video on almost all terrain.

That's what my experience has been.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro Users [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:

I use this as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x3. It's fantastic. I find that the helmet mount and chest mount also create excellent videos, if that's what you're after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hero3 black upside down under aero bars
https://www.youtube.com/...pwwMZnVrk&t=274s

Same camera upside down under stem on road bike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVYSC2sPp-4

$45 camera mounted on my helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/...LsetFsRhSwo&t=7s
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giving this a bump, but with an extra twist. Im perhaps wanting a gopro, but solely for thr purpose of safety/recording things in case of altercation/incident.

First, is this a good idea and worth it? And I certainly only want to buy one, for this purpose would the front or rear be the sensible place to have it face? I could see merits of both angles, but 2 cameras is not happening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
Yup I use that one too. It's a bit pricey but it looks and works great.

I cheaped out on the saddle rail mount (for rear view recording) and bought an unbranded mount, and it's not as good (camera can still move even when it's all the way tight) so I'll replace it with a K-Edge soon.

I bought a Barfly TT combo mount for my TT bike but haven't been riding my TT bike and hence, don't have any experience yet.
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro Users [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Giving this a bump, but with an extra twist. Im perhaps wanting a gopro, but solely for thr purpose of safety/recording things in case of altercation/incident.

First, is this a good idea and worth it? And I certainly only want to buy one, for this purpose would the front or rear be the sensible place to have it face? I could see merits of both angles, but 2 cameras is not happening.
For that purpose, it seems that having it forward facing would be more practical, simply because not all states require license plates on the front of vehicles. I have also seen quite a few incriminating (if you can get the police to enforce the law) videos of trucks brake checking on pushing bikes off the side where the video was taken from behind the truck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would buy a cheap action camera from amazon.com for that purpose. For under $100 you could have 2 of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look into the Cycliq Fly12 (front) and Fly6 (rear) for safety cameras. They are integrated with head and tail lights. I don't ride without mine.
Quote Reply
Re: GoPro Users [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Look into the Cycliq Fly12 (front) and Fly6 (rear) for safety cameras. They are integrated with head and tail lights. I don't ride without mine.

Wow, never heard of those products, they look great though. How funny, I was thinking I need a good headlight too. Thanks
Quote Reply