Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So a peacock walks into a bar....
Quote | Reply
well, a liquor store anyway...

http://www.bbc.com/...ornia-to-tune-of-500

and yeah, it's a peahen, not a peacock, but that's not as funny....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jun 7, 17 6:54
Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's normally a good bird, but he had a bit too much liquor. I am a bit surprised that they released him right away instead of letting him sleep it off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As much as wild turkeys are just hobo peacocks; peacocks are shiny, blue, glammed-out wild turkeys

ETA: I once was chased by a peacock, while on my Dawn Patrol run through Farm Country. He must have gotten over the fence from the chicken yard somehow and was pacing along the side of the road looking for a way to get back in.

He was pissed, too; frustrated that he couldn't find the gap in the fence that he'd snuck out of, and embarrassed that the chickens & geese were making fun of him.
I guess the pisser thought it was my fault he was too fuckin' stupid to go back in the same way he came out

He was back in the yard as I drove by on my way to work later that morning, so either he found his way or someone helped him.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Jun 7, 17 7:00
Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
As much as wild turkeys are just hobo peacocks; peacocks are shiny, blue, glammed-out wild turkeys

lol! I've gotta remember that one...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I read a theory once that the human intellect was like peacock feathers. Just an extravagant display intended to attract a mate. All of art, literature, a bit of Mozart, William Shakespeare, Michelangelo, and the Empire State Building... Just an elaborate mating ritual. Maybe it doesn't matter that we have accomplished so much for the basest of reasons. But, of course, the peacock can barely fly. It lives in the dirt, pecking insects out of the muck, consoling itself with its great beauty." - Anthony Hopkins as Robert Ford, Westworld

Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

ETA: I once was chased by a peacock, while on my Dawn Patrol run through Farm Country.

Ok, first off this is dangerously close to Tri forum shit.

Second, just last weekend I ran at a bunch of geese to chase them off my inlaws lawn and one of them got upset that I was coming at the chicks and came at me, bro.

I went back to the deck and got the geese sticks (we bang them together to scare them off) that worked.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
RandMart wrote:

ETA: I once was chased by a peacock, while on my Dawn Patrol run through Farm Country.

Second, just last weekend I ran at a bunch of geese to chase them off my inlaws lawn and one of them got upset that I was coming at the chicks and came at me, bro.

I went back to the deck and got the geese sticks (we bang them together to scare them off) that worked.

My takeaway from this post is birds aren't afraid of you
Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

One definitely wasn't. He got all up in my grill.

I am man enough to admit that he chased me back. I didn't want the fucker pecking on my face.

He ran away when I had the geese sticks though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

One definitely wasn't. He got all up in my grill.

I am man enough to admit that he chased me back. I didn't want the fucker pecking on my face.

He ran away when I had the geese sticks though.

Geese bite, and they don't let go. They'll also smack the shit out of you with their wings

Peacocks [and their hobo cousins] don't bite, but they DO peck at your like motherfuckers AND scratch, with very sharp claws They can also jump & flap just high enough to take a run at your head,

"I will enter the infamous Listen Memorial Rooster Fight, at $1,000 per unit on the universal scale—e.g., one minute in the cage with one rooster wins $1,000 . .. or five minutes with one rooster is worth $5,000 .. . and two minutes with five roosters is $10,000 ... etc.

"This is serious business, Ralph. These Hawaiian slashing roosters can tear a man to shreds in a matter of seconds, I am training here at home with the peacocks—six 40-pound birds in a 6' x 6' cage, and I think I'm getting the hang of it." - HST, The Curse of Lono

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
well, a liquor store anyway...

http://www.bbc.com/...ornia-to-tune-of-500

and yeah, it's a peahen, not a peacock, but that's not as funny....

Dang it...nothing good ever comes from "here, hold my peacock or peahen".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I grew up in that area. Those idiot birds are a PITA. Pretty funny that one made it into a store without anyone noticing.

They're mainly in the L.A. County Arboretum and the surrounding neighborhood, so I'm surprised to see one ventured so far away from there, unless somebody has peacocks as pets closer by.
Quote Reply
Re: So a peacock walks into a bar.... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
RandMart wrote:

ETA: I once was chased by a peacock, while on my Dawn Patrol run through Farm Country. [/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font][/quote]

[/b]
Second, just last weekend[/b] I ran[/b] at a bunch of geese to chase them off my inlaws lawn and one of them got upset that I was coming at the chicks and came at me, bro.

I went back to the deck and got the geese sticks (we bang them together to scare them off) that worked.[/quote]

My takeaway from this post is birds aren't afraid of you[/quote]
Hypocrite
Quote Reply