Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

That being said, I also think that if you are here and want to work you should have a fast track to becoming a full citizen (for now it would be regardless of how you got here). If you are not interested in becoming an American or just want free shit (welfare, healthcare, etc.) then GTFO.

At least you guys have poor people trying to mooch off your system. Here in Canada we have ridiculously wealthy people from other countries exploiting our ridiculously generous citizenship rules and benefits programs. It infuriates the hell out of me.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Duffy wrote:

That being said, I also think that if you are here and want to work you should have a fast track to becoming a full citizen (for now it would be regardless of how you got here). If you are not interested in becoming an American or just want free shit (welfare, healthcare, etc.) then GTFO.

At least you guys have poor people trying to mooch off your system. Here in Canada we have ridiculously wealthy people from other countries exploiting our ridiculously generous citizenship rules and benefits programs. It infuriates the hell out of me.

Oh bullshit. Nobody wants to live up there.

You're right. A lot of them don't. That's part of the problem.

As an example, there are Chinese birthing houses all over Vancouver. The idea is, wealthy Chinese people pay upwards of 100k to live in these houses for the last few weeks of their pregnancy (these are just normal, residential houses located near hospital, by the way). Once they have their child, the child has Canadian citizenship, which opens the doors to cheaper education, better health benefits, etc. These people don't live or intend on living, working, or paying taxes in Canada for any extensive length of time, they are just using the loophole to take benefits.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would anyone take anything Trump says literally?

We know that Trump lives in a narcissist world where "truth" does not exist in the external world. "Truth" only exists relative to Trumps desires.

The wall will be on built. And it will be awesome.
But it might never exist in the external world.

The things trump says are words, symbols, emotions. Trumps statements are not anchored to the real world.

Solar panels, unicorns ..... same difference.
Both will exist and be awesome ....if Trump wants them to be.
But you will probably see neither.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Jun 7, 17 10:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup.

As for the OP, would this not still be a good plan without the wall? Why not just build large solar farms in a joint venture with Mexico and split the benefits? Why do you need the wall?

Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, we have the same issue here in California. Many H1B visa holders have learned how to game the system to take advantage of every benefit possible without contributing anything back to the communities.
Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are literally whole upscale neighborhoods and condo buildings sitting vacant, owned entirely by foreigners, around here. It's bizarre.

Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Velocibuddha wrote:

But I really want to see Trumps unicorn.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't you recently rail against 'green' energy and how it is a money loser?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Velocibuddha wrote:

But I really want to see Trumps unicorn.

I really want some of that acid Velocibuddha is on.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Last edited by: Danno: Jun 7, 17 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So let's say that solar panels could pay for the wall. Wouldn't that mean they would be able to pay for just about anything. That being the case, wouldn't it be in the best interest to be building solar installations like crazy?

Just another of the long list of things that Trump says I guess. In his world solar panels make money, but only when he needs them to. Otherwise it's a waste of money, because <make up any kind of bs here>.

Mexico and solar panels are going to pay for the wall. Ok.

Trump ballwashers, make your final stand!
Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better...
We could build the wall out of COAL!
Quote Reply
Re: Border wall made of solar panels? [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
Don't worry, we have the same issue here in California. Many H1B visa holders have learned how to game the system to take advantage of every benefit possible without contributing anything back to the communities.

I haven't seen that with the H1B visa holders I've worked with personally. In the world of engineering and science - e.g. Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Some of the world's best and brightest, and truly excellent people in every respect. People I think we definitely want in this country because they improve everyone around them.

That's just the ones I know personally. I haven't met any from IT companies who may be abusing the system. Though my understanding is that even they still have $60K+ jobs and pay taxes, which probably puts them at least close to the net tax revenue generators vs. those who just take money from the system.
Quote Reply

Prev Next