Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta
Quote | Reply
*An emotional support dog belonging to a Marine veteran went HAM on the passenger seated next to him on a Delta flight, leaving the victim bloodied and hospitalized and the dog’s owner an emotional wreck, according to TMZ.
The dog and his owner, Ronald Kevin Mundy Jr., had just boarded the plane headed to San Diego from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. They both sat in the middle seat.
Already seated by the window was Marlin Termaine Jackson, who expressed concern about the dog when it started growling. Jackson reportedly asked Mundy, “Is this dog going to bite me?”
Right on cue, the dog attacked.
Witnesses say the animal mauled Jackson’s face, leaving behind severe facial injuries and his face covered in blood. Witness Bridget Maddox-Peoples told San Diego’s KGTV: “His face was covered in blood around his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his shirt; he walked out, and he had a cloth over his face, and it was just completely bloody.”
Jackson was helped off the plane and taken to the hospital, where he is currently in stable condition, according to TMZ."

Can somebody explain to me how a 50lbs dog and the owner end up on a middle sat in coach?

This is madness.....emotional support for a ripped off face...

The worst is that the dog will have to pay for it, terminally.

This is on the owner (veteran or not), the airline and all who facilitate that nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
*An emotional support dog belonging to a Marine veteran went HAM on the passenger seated next to him on a Delta flight, leaving the victim bloodied and hospitalized and the dog’s owner an emotional wreck, according to TMZ.
The dog and his owner, Ronald Kevin Mundy Jr., had just boarded the plane headed to San Diego from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. They both sat in the middle seat.
Already seated by the window was Marlin Termaine Jackson, who expressed concern about the dog when it started growling. Jackson reportedly asked Mundy, “Is this dog going to bite me?”
Right on cue, the dog attacked.
Witnesses say the animal mauled Jackson’s face, leaving behind severe facial injuries and his face covered in blood. Witness Bridget Maddox-Peoples told San Diego’s KGTV: “His face was covered in blood around his eyes, his nose, his cheeks, his shirt; he walked out, and he had a cloth over his face, and it was just completely bloody.”
Jackson was helped off the plane and taken to the hospital, where he is currently in stable condition, according to TMZ."

Can somebody explain to me how a 50lbs dog and the owner end up on a middle sat in coach?

This is madness.....emotional support for a ripped off face...

The worst is that the dog will have to pay for it, terminally.

This is on the owner (veteran or not), the airline and all who facilitate that nonsense.

I'm pretty sure you could use a string and two paper plates and write "emotional support animal" on them and it would fly (no pun intended).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting for an incident like this to finally put an end to this emotional support animal hijinx. Even with this, I'm in favor of real emotional support animals, but i'd like the bull crap of people who abuse the system to stop. I think this might provide the regulations and give airlines the authority to question peoples claims of support animals.

Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
I've been waiting for an incident like this to finally put an end to this emotional support animal hijinx. Even with this, I'm in favor of real emotional support animals, but i'd like the bull crap of people who abuse the system to stop. I think this might provide the regulations and give airlines the authority to question peoples claims of support animals.

What is a real support animal and not? Who gets to chose that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need more details. For example, this might have been justified if the window guy tried to take the middle armrest.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I take my wife as an emotional support person can she fly for free? We'll only use one seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Endo wrote:

I don't know how to objectively draw the distinction, but I know someone that has sought to deliberately abuse the emotional support animal designation for the sole purpose of transporting their dog in the cabin. The line is somewhere to the ethical side of that person.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Endo wrote:

Their is a big difference between ESAs(emotional support animals) and service animals. Service animals are trained and certified by one of a number of agencies that specialize in that process(think guide dogs for the blind). ESAs get no such training and certification. You can get a doctor's note for an ESA from any number of online(sham) doctor outlets. Have anxiety...your pet pig helps calm you down...here's a "prescription" for to have him labelled an ESA. This is where the abuse of the system comes in. All the TSAs fault for recognizing ESAs without putting in place the ability to vet and train the animals and prevent abuse to the system.

If you have time check out this funny and entertaining thread on the subject.

http://www.flyertalk.com/...ts-definitive-1.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

Truth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Endo wrote:

Oh it's a fucking scam. You pay 50 bucks get a certificate off the internet and no one can question you because of the ADA.
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Endo wrote:

I don't know how to objectively draw the distinction, but I know someone that has sought to deliberately abuse the emotional support animal designation for the sole purpose of transporting their dog in the cabin. The line is somewhere to the ethical side of that person.

Hey do we know the same person?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:

Same here. Virtually every flight I'm on anymore there is at least one emotional support dog, although normally the owner is a young female. How the heck did we get by with flying all these decades without people needing to bring their dog. This day was coming, it won't be the last time this happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Though TMZ would happily have played the other side: "Delta kicks Marine VETERAN off flight because of his canine companion."
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly.

I can probably count on one finger the number of severe injuries inflicted on an airplane resulting from service animals since that became a thing.

Although, I'm guessing the outrage industry is probably somewhat subdued when it comes to support animals, even in the hands of a veteran. It's gotten way out of control. They're basically the new temporary handicap placard.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Emotional support dog mauls passenger on Delta [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Exactly.

I can probably count on one finger the number of severe injuries inflicted on an airplane resulting from service animals since that became a thing.

Although, I'm guessing the outrage industry is probably somewhat subdued when it comes to support animals, even in the hands of a veteran. It's gotten way out of control. They're basically the new temporary handicap placard.

Is flying a right? It's sure starting to look that way.

Maybe we need to bring back smoking on flights? Seems like we all got along a lot better back then.
Quote Reply