Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expected better. Disappointing. C'ya soon!
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
I think it is a good way to stay sane.

What do I have to do?

Refuse to follow the herd. Be a rebel, a non-conformist. PM Tibbsy if you need more on that.
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
What a specious lawsuit. I hope the plaintiffs have to pay court costs and lawyers fees.

I thought that at first also, but as others have mentioned these Tweets have become presidential statements. The president blocking people on Twitter is not unlike say him blocking Joe Papp's access to Trump speeches or press conferences.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
windywave wrote:
What a specious lawsuit. I hope the plaintiffs have to pay court costs and lawyers fees.

I thought that at first also, but as others have mentioned these Tweets have become presidential statements. The president blocking people on Twitter is not unlike say him blocking Joe Papp's access to Trump speeches or press conferences.

Can you walk into a press conference and ask a question? That is a poor analogy
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
He's not getting kicked off of Twitter or being persecuted in anyway. It's just someone who doesn't want to read what someone else is writing and clicking a button to make it so. Joe Papp is still welcomed to say, write, and Tweet whatever he wants. He just can force other people, including Trump, to read it.

If you don't want to read what somebody has to say about you on Twitter you can mute them. Trump (or anybody else) can mute people who tweet crap at them. Blocking them keep that person from seeing what you tweet. I think the president blocking people is problematic. I don't really know enough about the law to know whether this suit has a chance, but the president choosing to to not allow others to read his statements is not cool.

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
He's not getting kicked off of Twitter or being persecuted in anyway. It's just someone who doesn't want to read what someone else is writing and clicking a button to make it so. Joe Papp is still welcomed to say, write, and Tweet whatever he wants. He just can force other people, including Trump, to read it.

If you don't want to read what somebody has to say about you on Twitter you can mute them. Trump (or anybody else) can mute people who tweet crap at them. Blocking them keep that person from seeing what you tweet. I think the president blocking people is problematic. I don't really know enough about the law to know whether this suit has a chance, but the president choosing to to not allow others to read his statements is not cool.

You can still see it just not through the account when logged in.... Is it petty, yes, unconstitutional, no
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You can still see it just not through the account when logged in.... Is it petty, yes, unconstitutional, no

Seems like high school BS taken to an entirely new level with the lawsuit

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
nslckevin wrote:
windywave wrote:

Can you walk into a press conference and ask a question? That is a poor analogy

No, I think you've got it wrong. A press conference is something you are or aren't invited to. Twitter, the way Trump's account is set up allows anybody to follow him. Like turning on CNN or Fox News. Blocking on Twitter would be like saying that "we're not going to let Windywave watch CNN or Fox or MSNBC, etc.) On the other hand, Muting is more like saying he can watch, but we're going to block his phone number at the phone banks because he keeps making annoying phone calls to us.

Trump not having to listen to Joe Papp (muting) is a lot different than Trump preventing Papp from following his Tweets (blocking).

I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on TV, but in this case when muting is clearly an acceptable option, having the president block people on Twitter is problematic. Is it legal? Constitutional? I have no idea. But I don't like the idea of trying to keep your statements from some of your constituents.

Of course I'd bet $20 that Trump is to tech illiterate to know the different between muting and blocking.

But would it really be so unreasonable for him to tell an aid to go into his Twitter account and unblock and then mute all of the people he has blocked and then use mute going forward?

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
I expected better. Disappointing. C'ya soon!

Sounds ff is trying to provoke Duffy into threatening him so that Duffy will be banned. Pretty dirtbag move to use children to do that.
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The return of Joe Pappsmear. Last time he tried to make a name for himself by pretending to be an anti-doping advocate, he was running an online store selling EPO. This time around he will probably be found to be selling MAGA hats. With the narcissistic way he combs the interwebs looking for people mentioning him, you would think he would be seeking a job in the Trump administration. World class scumbag.
Quote Reply
Re: The return of Joe Papp - suing Trump for Twitter bocking him [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
...This time around he will probably be found to be selling MAGA hats...
That would be funny.

Arch Stanton wrote:
...World class scumbag.
Someone's triggered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Given that Trump's social media accounts are being used as tools to advocate for his policy stances and engage with his electorate, those accounts are no longer personal in nature during his tenure and it may well violate first amendment rights for him to selectively block those he disagrees with.

I have a feeling you'd have a problem with it if Hillary were elected and taking the same action as Trump has chosen to.

windywave wrote:
I wouldn't . . . First off it's his private account no matter what anyone claims and he's acting as a private citizen. Second twitter is a private forum not public.

Well, Sean Spicer in his press briefing called the tweets "official statements." So there's that.

https://www.google.com/...-spicer-says-n768931
Quote Reply

Prev Next