Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Re: Bret Weinstein on Joe Rogan podcast... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've listened to a good chunk of it, will finish it today. Crazy situation, sounds like the president screwed up royally and gave the keys of the nuthouse to the patients. Good on Weinstein for standing up to the craziness. Wish there was something out there with a more insightful interviewer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
Duffy wrote:
On your last point...this logical extreme on the left has been expressing itself for quite some time. Someone who is surprised when it happens to them is either not paying attention or is willfully ignorant.

I did find it interesting (and personally vindicating) when Weinstein talked about how the "tools of science" have deemed to be racist, bigoted, etc. by the post modern left.

I could not agree more. Anyone who believes free speech is important should be concerned about what is and has been taking place. In many different areas or life people are trying to shut down discussions and silence people of opposing views.

Weinstein said in the podcast something to the effect of "they will characterize you view point as hateful or racist before even hearing it and then prevent you from speaking so they don't have to address the merits of what you really actually say".

He also brought up that fact that he's Jewish and, because of what happened to Jews in the 30s, this trend was especially concerning to him.

In other words, he called these leftist liberals Nazis!

It's not an intelligent position to take but it's pretty effective with the brainless masses. Look at the Paris accords, if you question mans impact on the earths temperature you're a science denier. If you voted for Trump it's because you're sexist. The list goes on and on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
President George Bridges has to go and then replaced by R. Lee Ermey. It is these kids only hope to survive the real world.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair.

The pathetic list of demands from the children: (Of course Geogie capitulated to most of them)

We demand the creation of a permanent position that will support undocumented students. This position will have a budget that will create scholarships, housing, and protections.

We demand that the video created for Day of Absence and Day of Presence that was stolen by white supremacists and edited to expose and ridicule the students and staff be taken down by the administration this Friday.

We demand Bret Weinstein be suspended immediately without pay but all students receive full credit.

We demand an official statement on each of these demands from George Bridges that is divided up into 10 sections on this Friday May 26th, 2017.

We demand that no changes to The Student Code of Conduct be made without democratic student consent

.We demand that Officer Timothy O’Dell be fired and suspended without pay while an investigation takes place.

We demand the immediate firing of Andrea Seabert Olsen, the Assistant to the VP for Student Conduct, from all Evergreen State College positions.

We demand the immediate disarming of Police Services and no expansion of police facilities or services at any point in the future.

We demand mandatory sensitivity and cultural competency training for faculty, staff, administrators, and student employees.

We demand the creation of an Equity Center We demand for the coordinator of the Trans & Queer Center to be permanently hired full time.

We demand the creation of a position that will support undocumented students.

Not to be outdone, a coalition of dozens of faculty and staff have signed their own letter, and it’s one of the most craven academic documents I’ve ever read. It begins:

We acknowledge that all of us who have power within the institution share responsibility for the racist actions of others. Furthermore, those of us who are white bear a particularly large share of that responsibility. We acknowledge that we have a great deal of work to do in order to honor and live up to the demands made by student leaders during last week’s protests.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/...emand-censorship-and
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Duffy [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Clearly you're a racist.

Quote Reply
Re: Bret Weinstein on Joe Rogan podcast... [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
...We demand the immediate disarming of Police Services and no expansion of police facilities or services at any point in the future...

And then later, during one of the protests, demanding to know what the administration was going to do to protect them from the off-campus racists and bigots...

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply

Prev Next