Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where do you store your bike(s)?
Quote | Reply
I'm ashamed to admit how many bikes I have, and since my kids also race road and mountain suffice it to say we have a few bikes. Although we have a dedicated room for our bikes, it seems we're always tripping over a bike here or there. It got me thinking, where do you guys store your bikes?

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
The world is my garage [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in a condo with my wife ,three cats, a couple surfboards and nine bikes (not all whole). Those lean to wall things can hold four bikes when modified.
Perhaps the most creative, however, is my world garage where I store a few more bikes at other peoples places. That way they share with the maintenace and storage costs and I have bikes to ride when on vacation. The best thing is the spouse has no idea of my growing empire of mechanical beasts and their whereabouts. G
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you store your bike(s)? [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I live in a flat in San Francisco and we don't have a garage, so we have 6 bikes in the house, mostly in the hallway. If you don't like bikes, don't come visit.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to store by bike between my legs, but when that isn't practical I hang it on the wall or put it in the workstand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two of these hanging on the wall, they work very well to hold both my 31lb mountain bike and my 21lb road bike:
http://www.deltacycle.com/storage/leonardo.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep the beaters in the garage but wife and I keep our tri and road bikes in the rec room in the basement. Most of the basement is converted to my office space so the rec room isn't huge. Have to be careful not to trip over the bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep the wife and kids MTBs in the garage, two bikes on one of those ceiling storage things in the home office, one in the "unfinished" part of the basement, and one on trainer full time in the bedroom.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you store your bike(s)? [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have 2 road bikes, 1 beater and 1 TT bike on a wrench force 4 bike stand. my unbuilt road frame hangs in the workstand and my unbuilt TT frame sits against the wall next to the crafstman tool box. the room is pretty much useless as anything but a bike room now!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have three or four in the living room. my sedentary, overweight roommate who owns the place loves it.

brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 bikes - attached to the ceiling just above our bed - hoists, pullies, the whole bit. Better than mirrors, actually - my wife rides too. Wake up at 3 am ... look up ... gives you inspiration to not hit the snooze at 6:00 and get your but out for that ride/run/swim/weights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the house where they belong, guarded by our 60 pound Aussie and 98 pound Bouvier

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My two road bikes hang upside down from the garage ceiling. The tri bike is on a trainer over in the corner in front of a TV. Our two cruiser bikes, and the associated kid trailers, are leaning against the wall. The boys' two BMX bikes (plus 5 skate boards and 3 scooters) are scattered all over the place. The boogie boards and surfboards finally went outside behind the house. A dozen assorted wheels are hanging from nails and coat hangers throughout the garage. A tiny little pink training wheel bike awaits our little one's second birthday on a shelf. I gave away the mountain bikes because it was all getting a little ridiculous. Race numbers form a banner around the garage.

A car has never seen the inside of our garage.

Funny thing -- when I had a 1 bedroom apartment 15 years ago, I only needed one bike. I think we all expand to fill the capacity of our ability to store stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Tokyo space is scarce so one must carefully prioritise placement of belongings. My road bike lives in the bedroom. The wife out by the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you store your bike(s)? [Wasabi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasbi dude that was too funny. i spit water all over my laptop and desk.
chubby hubby take the bikes down and use the pulleys for some non traditional exercise!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep all 8 bikes in the unfinished basement/training room. I had to build a T1 style bike rack (~12ft long) to manage them all - works great. We never trip over them or bang our heads anymore. The bike shop/workshop is a separate space as is the in-basement home gym.

put the mettle to the pedal
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you store your bike(s)? [Lone Racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My road bike and my dad's Tri bike are kept in the basement, but we have 5 other bikes (all mountain) which are kept in the place where the laundry/dryer is. It's hard to explain, but that's like on the 'hallway' to the yard, but this hallway has a roof. Weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sigh... I had four bikes, and had an entire room (upstairs) for all my tri stuff including the bikes and trainer. Well, I'm expecting bebe #1 in 5 weeks so that room is now converted into Peanut's room. I managed to keep one of the two closets in that room for my shoes and clothes, but the bikes had to go. Traded one for many hundreds of $$ of massage therapy (sniff, I had that grey beast for 15 years, great winter bike), put the other two (mtn and a second oldie but goodie) into the attic. I'm lucky, I have a walk-in closet on the top floor that leads to attic space. So getting the bikes in and out is relatively easy (considering how infrequently I use those bikes). The Olmo stays in the trainer in the top floor hallway during winter (the trainer doubles as a bike rack in the outdoor season), there's *just* enough room for it to fit in an alcove and be ridable on the trainer. Property theft is a major problem here in Vancouver, so I would rather have my bike outside my bedroom door than in the garage (only other space) where it would no doubt get stolen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 Bikes in the bedroom as tastefully arranged as is possible.

Refer to the last line of ironclm's post...
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you store your bike(s)? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roadbike in the bedroom, hanging on the wall. Even my wife admits that it´s a peace of art. It makes it a lot easier to convince her about the need for new even prettier parts. My to mountainbikes, even though they are beautiful too, stay in the basement.
Quote Reply