Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yard Sale [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
summitt wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Pretty sure we threw out at least a half a dozen of them when my mom passed away. Probably from the 50's. I thought we looked them up and they weren't worth much. Now I'm rethinking that.

I've been sellling crap on an app called next door neighbor. Apps social part is annoying as hell. But I put stuff on there I'd normally throw out and half of it sells.

Next Door App is the greatest for showing just how stupid/petty your neighbors can be. Constant bitching about speeding, yesterday it was kids setting off fireworks at 9pm, public shaming of kids has been a real controversy, road conditions in neighborhood, crosswalks dangerous, etc.

There was a dust up in the neighborhood next door not long ago. Kids were playing on a play set at a house when the owner wasn't home. They didn't know the people who lived at the house. The owner found out when a neighbor took a picture of the kids and texted it to her. She promptly put it on the app asking if anyone knew who they were so she could ask them to stay off. The fight started over posting pics of kids you don't know, the kids leaving trash in this ladies back yard and the kids playing in someone's backyard where they didn't know anyone.
There's been some other good petty stuff about light pollution and such.

Yeah, we had the same thing. A kid rings a doorbell and the lady post a picture of him running away. Says he broke her tree? Then it was the kids playing basketball on the local court and someone took a piss behind the tree, then there was the public shaming of a teen texting and driving. Maybe I should invite all these posters to the lavender room - they would have lots of good things to post about.

Today's hot topics - dog ate an edible that if found when it wondered on the golf course and some kid painted an anti-Semitic symbol at the park.
Last edited by: summitt: Jun 6, 17 9:00
Quote Reply
Re: Yard Sale [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next door ap sounds interesting. We just have a facebook group. I caused all sorts of trouble when I (on behalf of several neighbors) posted that, "just because its winter and snow is on the ground the city ordinance of picking up your dogs shit is still in effect."
Quote Reply
Re: Yard Sale [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Next door ap sounds interesting. We just have a facebook group. I caused all sorts of trouble when I (on behalf of several neighbors) posted that, "just because its winter and snow is on the ground the city ordinance of picking up your dogs shit is still in effect."

Not sure why that would cause trouble. Seems logical to me to pickup your dog shit regardless of the weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Yard Sale [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Just sell everything for .50 and drink beers

+$102 (and counting
..1hr to go)

The very first line of my ad for the citywide yard sale said everything is a buck... and I've been having a blast. 2fer, 3fer, 5fer depending on what they grab.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next