Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two 80mm rims vs only disk wheel?
Quote | Reply
Someone local (minneapolis) is selling two deep dish 80mm rims and I'm debating on whether to pick them up. I currently am running a slightly older HED disk wheel on the back and a normal non-aero wheel on the front. Anyone have any thoughts regarding whether it would be better to stick with the disk wheel or go to two aero wheels? I traditionally am just doing sprints so the time savings isn't going to be significant regardless, but I could probably sell the disk for the same amount as the two wheels.

thoughts?

-Chris

Rim info:
25mm wide alloy rims, carbon structural U-shape faring.
Upgraded spokes(sapim-cx ray spokes)
Upgraded to PowerrayR51 hubs - straight gauge spokes(not J hook) - stiff wheels.
rim strips, extra spokes and skewers included.
Less than 60 miles
Quote Reply
Re: Two 80mm rims vs only disk wheel? [nthanx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aero weenie says deep front wheel is worth 2x rear disk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well you can never have too many wheels, so you might as well get them and keep the disc.

Seriously, the front wheel is the bigger time saver. I would focus on getting a GOOD front wheel to go with your disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the spokes straight gauge or straight pull?
Quote Reply
Re: Two 80mm rims vs only disk wheel? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jmat, I'm not sure. I put in the posting what I knew about them. Would this make a significant difference? I'm not sure what the difference is?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, go check the time savings (estimate) diff. between the Flo 90 and the disc. It can't be a substantial difference for another mfr.

I'd just sell the disc and get the 80's.
Quote Reply