Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NBA's new dress code policy
Quote | Reply
Is it really racist? Is forcing the pro players to NOT dress like hip hop thugs really undermining the "black culture and community"?

I keep reading articles with interviews of young black guys who claim that it's racist and intended to bring more white people into the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA's new dress code policy [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not racist at all. MLB and NFL teams often have policies on dress code while traveling and when with the team. Intended to bring more white people into the sport? Thats about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Your employer has a right to dictate how you dress when you are in their employ. If you are traveling with the team or sitting on the bench, they can tell you what to wear. If you don't like it, get a job somewhere else.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Post deleted by YaHey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baseball, football, and hockey all make money selling jerseys also. So that really isn't a valid argument either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is it really racist? Is forcing the pro players to NOT dress like hip hop thugs really undermining the "black culture and community"?

I keep reading articles with interviews of young black guys who claim that it's racist and intended to bring more white people into the sport.

<crickets>

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: NBA's new dress code policy [Kestrel Driver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they're a bunch of overgrown babies who make millions. how about they come live the life of average jane and joe, and work the boring ass jobs that most of us work. screw them, man. if it's not one thing it's another. pro athletes need to shut up, and quit bitching. they have no idea how good they've got it.
Quote Reply
Re: NBA's new dress code policy [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
they're a bunch of overgrown babies who make millions. how about they come live the life of average jane and joe, and work the boring ass jobs that most of us work. screw them, man. if it's not one thing it's another. pro athletes need to shut up, and quit bitching. they have no idea how good they've got it.

Uhmmm.. Kittycat,

What's gotten into you this sunny day (at least where I am)?

-kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply