Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
It isn't infinitely adjustable and I have had a few customers who had to switch seatposts to get the right saddle angle.

It's infinitely adjustable. It just takes Myst level creative thinking to figure it out.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I actually loved that seatpost... It did , after 4 years , wear out (the internal teeth) and so there was movement in mine.. it looks like the new seat posts no longer have it.

The old difflock was way easier to get an "exact" angle. I agree with you super easy to get to an angle. Put it on anywhere, measure. and count the number of splines you move in each direction. Outer one goes one way, inner the other, and you adjust the seat angle by 1/2 a degree. Ireally did like that design
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! I think I striped the Difflock mechanism since I am not available to tight one of the bolts anymore. Using the 5nm torque the seat was still shacking so I put bit more and...my fault.

My question is: I have seen online some replacements on the 3t website it says for ionic and palladio seatspost. Are those also compatible with my felt Ar2 2016? Any ideas?

My concern is that the diameter of the Difflock system is the same on all the seatpost or it works only for certain seatpost types?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [rebiker17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a similar issue, except I've rounded the bolt head so can't remove it. How did you get it sorted in the end?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [muzza14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rounded bolts = dremel a notch out so you can use a flat head screw driver to extract.
Or hammer in a torx that is slightly too big
Or use a screw extractor

I have the new piece and it's been totally fine on a 2015ia
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [PortRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for stealing your thread, but for I think it is related with Newer IA's I put some info here.

IA frd/Advanced rim or disc models come without the infamous 3T Difflock mechanism.

They have Felt's proprietary locking mechanism which facilitates friction btw metal and metal with rough surface.

This is quite similar to older AR's mechanism but little bit upgraded.

Old one had smooth surface and no notch for the bolt head(nut)
New one shares the exact same structure with 2020 AR disc's post

Felt says,
1. the notch on the bolt head must be lined with white line indicated on clamp.
2. the bolt must be torqued to 12Nm (Not up to 12, I mean at least 12Nm)
3. take a look at Felt cycle's YouTube instruction vid about AR seatpost assembly for a detailed instruction

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Seat Post/3T Difflock movement [PortRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just lost one side cap on my ride today after the thread stripped. I cant find the round rails version anywhere either.

Meanwhile, had anyone had any luck replacing these difflock mechs on their Felt bikes? can i use something else?

Duathlete by choice?
Quote Reply

Prev Next