Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things
Quote | Reply
Ok, another crappy fad toy but $12-$18 each for "cool" ones. What a rip off. H Jr.'s collection of 8 easily over $100 for pieces of crap. I never paid attention when Mrs. H started buy them.
Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the cube thing ?

I don't mind the fidget spinners. But then again we have limited them to one and maybe they can get one more down the road. Only cause of the light up ones.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My daughter has one that a friend gave her, I don't see what the big deal is about them but I know that kids get them taken away in her school for playing with them during class. Will likely be yet another thing that a few months from now is no longer cool and the kids move on to something else.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
What's the cube thing ?

A co-worker ran a group purchase on them through Kickstarter or something last year and I bought one for I think $15. It sits on my desk at work, doesn't really see much use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My older son keeps asking for one. I refuse. Neither of the boys is to acquire any more of those moronic chinpokomon cards either.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, I'll look slightly informed on this one. Half the time my kids ask for stuff I'm clueless. My wife teaches 1st grade so generally has the upper hand on this kind of thing.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:
Ok, another crappy fad toy but $12-$18 each for "cool" ones. What a rip off. H Jr.'s collection of 8 easily over $100 for pieces of crap. I never paid attention when Mrs. H started buy them.

I hate to break it to you, but the "cool" ones do NOT go for $12-18. The cool ones are well over $100 each.

https://www.amazon.com/...%2Cp_36%3A1253563011

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:

They are supposed to help kids focus and remain clam by giving their hands something to do.
I don't go for these new fangled gizmos. Call me old fashioned but I believe kids should learn to be calm the traditional way - with Ritalin.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Beyblade phenom. We have two boys -- 9 and 8. Have you been subjected to the Beyblade show. One big commercial --- a steaming pile of crap. We have two Beyblade stadiums --- cheap plastic lids. I should have invented this stuff.

After buying the boys a whole bunch of Pokémon cards. They are yesterday's toys -- a few hundred dollars later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give me a pet rock any day.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Frig, you beat me to it. 21rst century pet rock for sure...lol
Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

I'm still stuck on pogs.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
thanks, I'll look slightly informed on this one. Half the time my kids ask for stuff I'm clueless. My wife teaches 1st grade so generally has the upper hand on this kind of thing.

Dear Christ do not let my son see this! He's got 6-8 of them already, plus keeps trying to make spinners out of all kinds of shit. Nuts/bolts, popcicle sticks, bike chain.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been training my wife for 8 years now on switching high end stores for swap meets, goodwill stores, and consignment outlets. I had never even heard of the fidget, but all of a sudden there were 3 of them, one for each kid. She said they were going for 15 to 20 bucks, but she got knockoffs somewhere for 3 bucks apiece. Got the note from the principal to not let them in school(after a week of a free for all) so guessing they will have a very limited shelf life now. Cabbage patch, rubix cubes, pet rocks, guess every few years there has to be some worthless time sucker for the market to go crazy for. Just with I had thought of it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it delightful that some kids be into something other than staring at their phones.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Fidgit Spinner & Cube Things [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That may be the theory but my experience of watching other kids with them is that they focus on them and block out other stuff. A good fidget toy is dull so you can use it with your hands but not pay attention to what you are doing. That is what we give my son with ADHD, well that and drugs.

Ben
Quote Reply