Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Meanwhile in Canada . . .
Quote | Reply
http://www.recorder.ca/...l-come-to-brockville

Giant Rubber Ducks = 150th Anniversary celebration?
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Money well spent. It gives Canadians something to brag about, such as, "No, our country hasn't won a Stanley Cup in 24 years, but this summer we'll have the biggest rubber duck on the planet."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious, where is that photo from? There's naval ship in the background, last I checked the largest vessels in the Canadian fleet are destroyers. Pretty sure that's not a destroyer in the background.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Just curious, where is that photo from? There's naval ship in the background, last I checked the largest vessels in the Canadian fleet are destroyers. Pretty sure that's not a destroyer in the background.

I'd wager that's the USS Iowa in the Port of Los Angeles.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No, our country hasn't won a Stanley Cup in 24 years, but this summer we'll have the biggest rubber duck on the planet."

Countries win Stanley Cups now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A waste of money by a government? I am shocked! Shocked I tell you. This never happens. Like, ever.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not only that we have Thomas the Tugboat pulling it. Not so happy about all that plastic though. Hopefully ducky will be recycled

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Money well spent. It gives Canadians something to brag about, such as, "No, our country hasn't won a Stanley Cup in 24 years, but this summer we'll have the biggest rubber duck on the planet."

Name a Stanley Cup in the last 24 years that doesn't have a Canadian player on it, just one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

Name a Stanley Cup in the last 24 years that doesn't have a Canadian player on it, just one.

Name a team that didn't have at least 10 Canadians on it. Just one.

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

Can we get back to a giant Rubber Duck being the symbol of the founding of your country?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Can we get back to a giant Rubber Duck being the symbol of the founding of your country?

Why don't you read a fucking history book? Holy shit. If you don't know how important rubber ducks are to Canadians then I just can't help you.

Now duck off.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 1, 17 6:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Now duck off.

wanna watch your foul mouth there mister? there are some small minds in here that may be offended by such language.
keep it up and we will send the SEALS in to take that duck out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Now duck off.

wanna watch your foul mouth there mister? there are some small minds in here that may be offended by such language.

Listen, Angry Duck...

Actually I have nothing else to add. I just wanted to call you Angry Duck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Madduck wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Now duck off.

Listen, Angry Duck...

Actually I have nothing else to add. I just wanted to call you Angry Duck.

that's fine.
have a nice day, eh.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Canadian's are just trying to keep up with the Americans. They (mis)heard that the Americans had a great big d*ck in the White House.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

No rubber ducks in Alberta but we sure have a nice beaver...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and as for the duck, from the wikipedia...
The world's largest rubber duck was created by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman in 2007

Canada & Holland have had a very special relationship since WWII.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for showing us your beaver.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Canada & Holland have had a very special relationship since WWII.

That's why Toronto's Mike Myers paid homage to the Dutch with this character

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Clearly the simple minded canadians are easily entertained. Give them Trump=Russia and a giant rubber duck and they are occupied for months!
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
Clearly the simple minded canadians are easily entertained.

Yup. Its highly entertaining. With no Canadian teams left in the Stanley Cup finals, this American political cluster-trump is the most exciting thing we get on TV. Have you seen regular Canadian TV? Its all re-runs of Bob & Doug McKenzie show and Robin Sparkles videos. Boring. Maybe someone should build a wall that stops American TV signals from crossing the border?

But we can't help but to be interested. Its all happening in our neighborhood. Is as if Mr. & Mrs. Canada looked out the window and saw a "FOR SALE / SOLD!" sign in the front yard of the that nice black family across the street. Then a few weeks later some new family moves in, parks a rusty ford in the front yard and a big ol' mobile home in the driveway, and goes all KellyAnne Conway on the neighborhood. Its deplorable. I mean it'd be perfectly entertainment except it's also a little frighting. We're starting to think of putting up the country up on AirBNB for a few years and going to hang out with Denmark for a while.

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Now duck off.

Seals? We love seals, they keep us warm in the winter.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done a lot of scuba diving in the Brockville area. There are some good wrecks in the St. Lawrence river in and around Brockville. If this duck sinks then we'll have something else to dive on.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're welcome! We do have a duck too, it's not yellow or rubber...

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile in Canada . . . [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Madduck wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:

Now duck off.

Seals? We love seals, they keep us warm in the winter.

Damn it, now the secret is out. I was hoping they would send some - I need some new mitts.
Quote Reply