Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Looks Like Massive Abuse of Power from the WhiteHouse [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
OK, I read the USA article, the ACLU report, EFF article, and some of the declassified NSA watchdog report,

Links? (Aside from the USA Today column).
I looked for fuller ACLU comment, didn't find it. Don't follow EFF though I probably should.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks Like Massive Abuse of Power from the WhiteHouse [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
So... a story worth monitoring, but I'm gonna wait until more comes out from more trustworthy sources. (Hopefully from ACLU itself). Plenty of stuff where Obama merits criticism. (I wish he'd pardoned Snowden, to start). Gonna be hard to get into people's attention span with the perpetual sh*tstorm that's been happening lately though.
Seems like a fair response. I wish this measured approach were taken when the shoe is on the other foot - i.e. I'm incredibly far from a Trump supporter BUT there's been breathless reporting, wall-to-wall coverage on everything Trump/Russia for six months now, so many baseless allegations, so many thin connections played as though they're hard evidence. Meanwhile you have a few of these Obama admin potential abuses of power and look at how the media treats it...

Anyway, I'm taking the same approach on this one: doesn't seem like much on it's face, wait and see if more is found but there's at least some smoke worth looking into here.
Quote Reply
Re: Looks Like Massive Abuse of Power from the WhiteHouse [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bob Loblaw wrote:
trail wrote:
OK, I read the USA article, the ACLU report, EFF article, and some of the declassified NSA watchdog report,

Links? (Aside from the USA Today column).
I looked for fuller ACLU comment, didn't find it. Don't follow EFF though I probably should.

-
the one to read is the circa piece linked in the OP.
-
http://circa.com/...-spying-on-americans
Last edited by: dave_w: May 31, 17 8:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I wish he'd pardoned Snowden, to start

Whenever people say stuff like this, I can't help but believe they simply don't know what they're talking about.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Looks Like Massive Abuse of Power from the WhiteHouse [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with the breathlessness of the coverage around trump, but i think he's also running up against the limits of his media savvy. he's wanted all eyeballs on him, and now he's getting it, for better or worse.

at the moment it would be wise to sit back and give this obama story some room to breathe, but trump's incapable of running a quiet, boring white house. the 2am tweets and ridiculous public antics all keep the story about him.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply

Prev Next