Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I see dead people
Quote | Reply

Nine year old son has an assignment to research a 200 year old farm/ iconic homestead that just happens to be near our 25 year old house. He not only figured out that our house used to be pasture for the farm, but that prior to the farm being built, the land was used as a pauper's cemetery and contains dozens of unmarked graves. Guess I won't be digging the garden too deep this year.
Quote Reply
Re: I see dead people [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you are ok as long as there are no 'Indian' graves. But you may want to seek counsel from your local paranormal expert just to be sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in a 160 yo farmhouse and nearly every time I dig a hole I find something interesting. No dead bodies though.
Quote Reply
Re: I see dead people [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
I live in a 160 yo farmhouse and nearly every time I dig a hole I find something interesting. No dead bodies though.

My house isn't that old, but as best as I can tell the backyard was used as the trash pile at some point. I'm constantly picking up shards of broken glass out of the garden. Not finding too many large rusted metal pieces or cables and such any longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting stuff

When I grew up on Long island I lived on the same street as an old graveyard. Earliest tombstone was late 1600's latest one was early 1800's. I thought it was kind of cool. Local historical society kept it up, but you could barely read the words on the tombstones.
Quote Reply