Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wife finds $1,400 cash at Hotel [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple years ago, I came across $60 on the path while out for a ride. There were two women walking about 100m ahead of me. I picked up the money and asked if they had dropped something. One women checked her pockets and said she must have dropped three 20s. I (reluctantly) returned the money and continued on my ride.

I was unemployed at the time. But I received a job offer that week.

Good karma I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Wife finds $1,400 cash at Hotel [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Giving money back that doesn't belong to you is never the wrong choice.

This.

I once found $100 (5-$20 bills folded) in the parking lot of a grocery store. Turned them over to the store manager, and just as I was doing that, some guy came in in a panic, almost in tears, that he had lost the last of his account that he had just withdrawn from the atm and that he needed it to get his electricity turned back on.
Quote Reply
Re: Wife finds $1,400 cash at Hotel [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool story. I would have done the same thing. When I was a kid my dad noticed a "bank bag" on the side of the road. It turned out to be from a car dealership with lots of cash and checks. He turned it on to police.

I worked as a janitor at my church in college, I found $160 behind a trash can in a room. It turned out to be a woman's grocery money. She was super happy I turned it in.
Quote Reply
Re: Wife finds $1,400 cash at Hotel [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your story reminded me of when my wife's grandma died about 15 years ago. I was instructed to go through her house and look for cash that grandpa had stashed about 30 years ago.

I found a bank bag inside the back panel of a console TV with about $6,800 in it.

I kept looking and found another bank bag taped to the underside of a drawer with about $4,000 in it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next