Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you have your hand on the tap you are the one who can turn it on and off.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I agree that it is sad & I hope he gets the help he needs to live to his best as a person and father.

Part of me feels like a dick for making a joke in response to the video, because he is a guy with kids & a family & friends pulling for him. But damn, as much as I dislike Nike it's also hilarious to me that their logo is so prominently and clearly displayed on his shirt at the most inopportune of moments.

That staggering walk to the car in cuffs video is going to be abound for a long time. It will go on the shelf along with Hasselhoff eating a burger on the floor.

I actually think the video makes it harder to pile on. It is one thing to mock him for getting busted or making the excuse that it was just prescription drugs and not alcohol. It is another to see him completely out of it looking like your drug addled cousin.

It isn't near as much fun to punch down at someone with problems.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Speaking if videos ... do you know where you are? No. Did you take any medication? Yes.

He has to plead no contest or guilty and throw himself at the mercy of the court.

Not necessarily. There is a defense called "unintentional intoxication" or something similar, according to the jurisdiction. If the toxicology reports show all he had was the Rx drugs in his system at the correct levels and if he can show he had no reason to believe they would affect him the way they did, it is a defense.

For example - assume he took Vicodin and that he has been prescribed the same dose in the past and has never had any issues with it. However, this time, he was also prescribed Torix, which, on its own, should not cause these issues and assume he was not warned about mixing Vicodin and Torix and assume it was that mixture, for the first time, that caused this, he could have a defense.

I know that is a lot of assumptions, but it would not be impossible to prove.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
Speaking if videos ... do you know where you are? No. Did you take any medication? Yes.

He has to plead no contest or guilty and throw himself at the mercy of the court.

Not necessarily. There is a defense called "unintentional intoxication" or something similar, according to the jurisdiction. If the toxicology reports show all he had was the Rx drugs in his system at the correct levels and if he can show he had no reason to believe they would affect him the way they did, it is a defense.

For example - assume he took Vicodin and that he has been prescribed the same dose in the past and has never had any issues with it. However, this time, he was also prescribed Torix, which, on its own, should not cause these issues and assume he was not warned about mixing Vicodin and Torix and assume it was that mixture, for the first time, that caused this, he could have a defense.

But you're not supposed to drive on Vicodin IIRC. Wouldn't it have to be two innocuous drugs with a bad combination or something like my trainer gave me a vitamin shot he told me it was just a vitamin shot i believed it to be a citamin shot when in fact it was a horse tranquilizer?
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:

But you're not supposed to drive on Vicodin IIRC. Wouldn't it have to be two innocuous drugs with a bad combination or something like my trainer gave me a vitamin shot he told me it was just a vitamin shot i believed it to be a citamin shot when in fact it was a horse tranquilizer?

No, you are right - Vicodin contains a warning, which would hurt Tiger's argument. But, assume it wasn't something with a warning. Or, even if it did have a warning, if he has taken it multiple times in the past w/o significant side-effects, he could still use that argument.

I'm not saying it is a flawless argument, but it is a legit argument he could make.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Yup, but despite that he still represented the shit out of that Nike sponsor logo. Talk about being faithful to a contract!

Duffy wrote:
He was really fucked up...

Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I recall reading somewhere that part of the test was saying the pledge of allegiance backwards. Is that for real? I couldn't pull that off sober.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the video today. The cop told him to say the English alphabet, start to finish, slowly and without rhyming it. In other words, don't sing it.

"Honestly, triathlon is a pussified version of duathlon on that final run."- Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [teekona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teekona wrote:
I saw the video today. The cop told him to say the English alphabet, start to finish, slowly and without rhyming it. In other words, don't sing it.

Correct. And when asked to repeat the instruction, TW said "don't sing the national anthem backwards."
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
teekona wrote:

Correct. And when asked to repeat the instruction, TW said "don't sing the national anthem backwards."

To be fair, he was right that he was not supposed to do that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I didn't really want to post that vid because it's kind of sad, but Rerun with his "we've all done it" bullshit forced my hand.

And it looks like Tiger skips leg day.

He actually didn't when his back was healthy. Even with a bum knee he could squat close to twice his body weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I agree that it is sad & I hope he gets the help he needs to live to his best as a person and father.

Part of me feels like a dick for making a joke in response to the video, because he is a guy with kids & a family & friends pulling for him. But damn, as much as I dislike Nike it's also hilarious to me that their logo is so prominently and clearly displayed on his shirt at the most inopportune of moments.

If you think that was funny -- listen to the audio of his breathalyzer. I heard it on the radio. He says he can't get the bracelets off his wrists. (handcuffs) He was out of it.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, how about that. On top of a cocktail of pain killers, he had THC in his system...

Palm Beach County, Fla. has released the toxicology report related to Tiger Woods’ Memorial Day arrest. The report found Woods had in his system pain medications hydrocodone and hydromorphone; alprazolam, an anxiety medication; zolpidem, an insomnia medication; and THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

Early on the morning of Memorial Day, Jupiter (Fla.) police found Woods asleep in his car by the side of the road; there was no property damage, and Woods did not test positive for any alcohol. He later said in a statement that he was suffering from the effects of mixing several prescription drugs. Woods told police at the time of the arrest that he had taken Vicodin and had a prescription for Xanax, and his speech was slurred. Woods later said in a statement that he was undergoing rehab to treat his prescription drug concerns.

https://www.yahoo.com/...ystem-233050214.html

Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would "Canadian am I, fuck you" officer be sufficient?
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Hey, how about that. On top of a cocktail of pain killers, he had THC in his system...

Palm Beach County, Fla. has released the toxicology report related to Tiger Woods’ Memorial Day arrest. The report found Woods had in his system pain medications hydrocodone and hydromorphone; alprazolam, an anxiety medication; zolpidem, an insomnia medication; and THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

Early on the morning of Memorial Day, Jupiter (Fla.) police found Woods asleep in his car by the side of the road; there was no property damage, and Woods did not test positive for any alcohol. He later said in a statement that he was suffering from the effects of mixing several prescription drugs. Woods told police at the time of the arrest that he had taken Vicodin and had a prescription for Xanax, and his speech was slurred. Woods later said in a statement that he was undergoing rehab to treat his prescription drug concerns.

https://www.yahoo.com/...ystem-233050214.html

Nice to see Tiger 'hitting the green' again.
Quote Reply
Re: The Tiger Woods comeback! [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_kid wrote:
Nice to see Tiger 'hitting the green' again.

Quote Reply

Prev Next