Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wide toe box shoe options
Quote | Reply
Currently in Altra's. Have an achilles issue and going through some physical therapy. Will need to get back into it slowly, so I'm hoping to go d something in the 4-6 mm drop range. But I love the way my Altra one 2.5's fit. Any other brands offer something similar, but not limited to 0 drop?
Quote Reply
Re: Wide toe box shoe options [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Closer to 8mm, but the NB Zante comes in EE if you need support the Vongo also comes in wide widths. The Zante feels like a lower drop due to cushioning the Vongo is stiff and stays more true to profile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Topo, they have a wide toe box like Altra and have some at least one model with 5mm drop.
Quote Reply
Re: Wide toe box shoe options [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried on Topo's before at a local running shop. Been trying to remember the name to research what they had available. I remember it wasn't as dramatic as the Altra's, but closer than any other shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vivobarefoot are good

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
topo magnifly is 5mm

topo ultrafly is 5mm with a bit more structure than the maggies

if the code topotran20 doesn't get you 20% off, use topohaas20 and that should work.

john
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have feet shaped like a duck's, and Inov8 fit me well. They have a few 4 mm drop styles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Ghost may be an option

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An alternative to finding other shoes, put some gel heel cups in the altras. I did that for a couple of months while an inflamed bursa was heeling. Tight calves were putting pressure on the Achilles over the bursa and cups were enough lift to provide relief.
Quote Reply