Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also curious about your choice of Evo 110 extensions. A little while ago I got some Evo 70 extensions to replace the Profile T5 that came with my Plasma but were too short and too shallow for me. I really like the shape of the Evo 70s, especially the inward bend, but I've been wondering whether I should've gotten the 110s instead. I'd like to get my hands higher but the one adjustment I can't do with the integrated front end of the Plasma (which I otherwise love) is extension tilt. Drag2Zero is working on an bespoke tilt kit for the Plasma, but they told me they're not sure when it will be available.

With the Corsair front end you can adjust extension tilt. Is it a safe bet that you could probably get your hands in the same place with a tilted Evo 70 as you have them with the Evo 110? Any reason you went with the 110s? Or more specifically, do you think swapping my Evo 70s for 110s would be a good workaround until someone makes a tilt kit for the Plasma?

Also looks like you're running the same F-35 pads as the Plasma. They're nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
TriRig contacted me and will be offering up a demo bike for a review of this type of the Omni, no strings attached.

Ballsy move by Nick given the history you guys have. It shows he is confident in both the design and manufacturing quality of the bike. I'll be interested to read the review

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northy wrote:
With the Corsair front end you can adjust extension tilt. Is it a safe bet that you could probably get your hands in the same place with a tilted Evo 70 as you have them with the Evo 110? Any reason you went with the 110s? Or more specifically, do you think swapping my Evo 70s for 110s would be a good workaround until someone makes a tilt kit for the Plasma?

Yeah I definitely think I could get my hands in the same place with a tilted 70 set. I initially chose 110s because I had them for the undermount setup on my Felt, but I like having them on the Andean, especially now that I'm experimenting with pedestaling up the pads a bit.

But yeah, I would say trying the 110s is a no brainer if you want your hands up a bit higher on the Plasma
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
the speed box (i.e. the compartment behind the seat post where you store your weed)

Hahaha! I was dying laughing when I read it!
  1. Re Di2 Junction box, couldn't you have used Shimano's secret little black box to hid it easier? I have this setup on my TM01 and it's very very clean.
  2. Would you mind sharing your height? I'm trying to size myself for an Andea and struggling between M and S. I'm 5'8 ish with shorter legs and longer torso...

Thanks again for the post! Great read and great information. Not necessarily putting myself off from buying one. I actually found a deal for the frameset only (I KNOW!) for $1700 after discount... I think it's a great price, even just as a punter :-)

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [azurebl911] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Junction B is not a substitute for junction A. Where is your A set up on your BMC?
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Junction B is not a substitute for junction A. Where is your A set up on your BMC?

You're right. The SM-JC41 Splitter Box (Splitter Box) is originally intended to be a Junction B. However, you don't have to use them as such. I'm using 2 of them + SM=EW67-A-E to make the whole thing compact and fit inside the down tube of my BMC, exposing only what's necessary for charging/monitoring. Full credit to Nick @TriRig.

Here's a photo of my BMC's front-end. Happy to pull out all the hidden wires if you really want but Nick's article does quite a good job of that already.

http://www.tririg.com/...om_Wiring&page=2

Let's hope this photo uploads correctly.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Last edited by: azurebl911: Dec 20, 17 4:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG - change that corroded bolt or else I'm gonna have an aneurism! #triguydon'tcareabouttrainersweat
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [Testament TN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testament TN wrote:
OMG - change that corroded bolt or else I'm gonna have an aneurism! #triguydon'tcareabouttrainersweat

Yes, and use a stainless steel replacement ! ... :^)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so you're using the external battery then? you have to put a battery into a charger in order to charge?
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, my TM01 was built to internalise an external battery. PITA to charge but luckily I only need to do it a few times a year.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you're aware if you run the 67 splitter box you can only ever run the external battery. Shimano is trying to phase the 67 out and the newer revs of software won't let you have an internal battery and the 67 splitter if ever you try that combo.
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Just so you're aware if you run the 67 splitter box you can only ever run the external battery. Shimano is trying to phase the 67 out and the newer revs of software won't let you have an internal battery and the 67 splitter if ever you try that combo.

Thx very much for the info! At the risk of drifting off-topic, how often do folks do firmware updates on their Di2? I haven't plugged it into a computer since the original build 3 years ago. It's worked fine for me the way it's configured so had no reason to do anything with it. Am I missing out on anything by not staying current with firmware updates?

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [Testament TN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That grossed me out right away too.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you find it on sale? I'm looking at getting the frame only and would love to save a few hundred dollars
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [ryjayhar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine from Adrenalineworld.com; just checked and they no longer have the frameset. Maybe do a Google shopping search for Diamondback Andean frameset. That's how I found it.

Sry, responding on the fly. Otherwise would've provided more info.

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@OP - while building up my Andean, I also encountered the issue with Carbon rails and the Ritchey Clamp. I found a replacement part on Ritchey's website designed specifically for Fizik Braided Carbon Rails. Bought it and BOOM, my Fizik Mistica Carbon sits perfectly on the seatpost! $20 solution

#KISPERFORMANCE
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to find out what size BB I need for my diamondback andean. I need to know the mm height and width. I need a SRAM pressfit 30 dub bb. I bought a frameset and trying to build it out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

MB
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [MikeBack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Andean uses a PF30 BB, all other specifications are dependent on your crank, and best source for those will be the crank manufacturer.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [MikeBack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikeBack wrote:
I am trying to find out what size BB I need for my diamondback andean. I need to know the mm height and width. I need a SRAM pressfit 30 dub bb. I bought a frameset and trying to build it out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

MB

You would use a Pressfit 30 bottom bracket for Dub cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very timely question - and i'm to lazy to research the answer to the same question but Shimano?
Last edited by: Zulu: Jun 23, 20 15:54
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zulu wrote:
very timely question - and i'm to lazy to research the answer to the same question but Shimano?

Pressfit 30 bottom bracket for Shimano cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you - frame is sitting a mate's house waiting for borders to open. When i ordered they would not ship to Canada....
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Diamondback uses the Praxis PF30 bottom bracket on the stock Shimano builds of the bike, and they work really well. I'd recommend that.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Diamondback Andean: An In-Depth Review [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next