Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Joining a club
Quote | Reply
I live in NW Wisconsin in Eau Claire, its an hour and half east of Minneapolis, MN. I am looking to join a triathlon club and can't find anything in my area. I know there are a lot of them in Minneapolis but I would never really be able to S,B,R with them because of the travel time and my schedule.

Is there a benefit then to joining a triathlon team/club? Are there teams/clubs that are nationwide that just get together at races? This is an area of triathlon I don't know very much about as I have been a lone wolf pack from the start.
Quote Reply
Re: Joining a club [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Teams/clubs are nice when you enjoy the social side of pushing through a tough workout with others you come to know (and probably become friends with). Being that far away, it's kind of impractical to join the one you mention. If I were in your shoes and looking for the club / team atmosphere, I'd find one more local that's focused on the specific sports - like a track / running group, bike group, or possible a nice master's group based on whichever sport you liked the most that was. I wouldn't join three clubs at once though because that'll just be a lot of chaos!

Aside from that, most clubs enjoy nice discounts from the likes of Roka, and other big names. Honestly though, the discounts I get are nice but I wouldn't join a club just for those. The sale's that you see on a typical holiday weekend in the US are usually pretty close from what I've seen.

What I like best personally about the team/club atmosphere though is that it always pushes me a little harder during practices and there's something inspiring about hearing ""good job! you got this!" from fellow teammates out on the course!
Quote Reply
Re: Joining a club [daswafford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank for the input. This is what I was thinking but wanted to see what other thought.
Quote Reply